Chapter Three

• Dedicated to Travis

Chapter Three

I quickly grabbed my stuff,and ran outside in a hurry. I didn't bother driving there, he need me now. I keep running,there was no time to walk. I ran as fast as I could. My footsteps thudding loudly against the pavement. My heart was racing, I pushed myself harder. I could see the house in the distance.I saw him in front of his house. The sun was rising slowly, as I got closer. Time seemed to be going by so slow. I ran up to him stopping suddenly as I saw him his face was wet with tears. He looked torn.

"What's wrong?" I asked my voice dropping to a soft tone.

"Abbie," Is all he said,and in a instant I knew they had broke up. Two thoughts were racing in my head. I was happy they broke up because she didn't deserve this boy I call my best friend. The other side of me felt sorry for him. I couldn't stand to see him like this.

"She tried to change me, She was telling me who I could hang out with and everything..," He said his face dropping even more. "She went to far," He said stuttering. He suddenly burst into tears. I've never seen this strong guy I knew and loved cry. I stepped closer, as I did I wrapped my arms around him.

"It will be okay, you deserve better than her," I said stroking his hair.

"I know.. I should have known what was coming but I was blinded with everything going on.. I got caught in everything.." He said slurring his words together. He was torn and I was one of the only ones that could help.

* * *

I didn't end up going to school today, I stayed with Travis he needed me and I was there for him. I always try to be.I've been just sitting in his living room while he took a well needed nap. His aunt and uncle didn't bother to ask why we weren't at school. They just stuck to their business. I heard a door in the distance open. It was probably Travis, no it wasn't a door inside the house, it was the front door. Who could it be? I walked to the door knowing I shouldn't wake him up since he was resting from a heart break. I opened the door without looking who was there. I instantly regretted that I even opened the door. No, why is she here!

"Why are you here!" She said practically yelling. What was her problem with yelling and getting mad at even single thing.

"Don't worry about me,why are you here! Huh?!," I said for the first time standing my grounds. I was doing this for Travis.

"I wanted to talk to my boyfriend!" She said and her words caught me when she said boyfriend. Didn't they break up, then I thought about how he didn't mention they broke up. They were probably just fighting. No, he made it clear that they had broken up. Unless he was to scared to tell her they broke up. Was he scared of her.

"Didn't ya'll break up?" I asked wanting to slam the door in her face. Right then and right now,but something told me not to.I don't know why?

"What's going on?" I heard a voice whispering behind me. Travis.

"Nothing, I wanted to say I'm soo sorry about yesterday I didn't mean it like I did babe," She said wiping a fake tear from her eyes.

"It seemed like you meant what you said yesterday," He said still not recovering from yesterday. It must have been worse way worse than how he acted about what happened.

"You know I didn't mean it, can you forgive me?" She asked fake crying. Wow. He's not going to forgive her knowing Travis, he wouldn't.

"I forgive you," The words I thought would not come spiraling out of his mouth. She was just going to break his heart again and this time would be worst. No, why is he letting her control him. This did not seem right. Not one bit.