6

{Chapter six: Drunk monkey}

At five o'clock on a Friday night, three girls were preparing everything for the house party.

At five thirty, Liam Fox and Dan Reid came at Heather's house with tons of alcohol drinks. From beer to vodka and everything in-between.

At six, people started coming, bringing their own bottles along with nibbles.

At eight, the house was full of sweaty teens, the music was blasting so loud and there was smoke clouds in the backyard.

Everything was great except for one thing.

"Oh, come on Halsey, get drunk!" Heather who has been on her tenth shot of tequila, yelled over the loud music by the small coffee table in the corner. The girls moved around the furniture a bit so there was enough space for people to dance and sit at the same time.

"For the hundredth time, no!" Halsey got up and walked away from her friends in need for fresh air. She felt frustrated by her best friend because she just wouldn't give up on getting her drunk. Halsey wasn't one for the parties and was far away from one to get drunk. Heather knew that but she thought that maybe it was time for Halsey to let loose.

When a light breeze followed with the smell of marijuana mixed with cigarettes and people chatter, hit Halsey, she looked up to get greeted with a familiar group of people. The populars.

"Hey sis!" Matthew, who was holding his fourth beer, swayed over to his little sister who was now standing awkwardly by the doors.

He slumped lazily his arm around her shoulder and dragged her towards the group he just came from.

"Guys, this is my sister Halsey." Everyone looked up from the bottle that was spinning and now put their attention on the girl under Matthew's arm.

Trying to hide the blush she wiggles out of her brother's grip and shoves him so he almost trips over hid own foot but manages to steady himself and sit back in the circle that the group made. "He's just drunk so he's not thinking straight. Imma go now."

Before she can turn around and walk away, back inside where her friends were, a high pitch voice speaks making her stop in her tracks. "Why don't you join us Matt's little sister?"

Halsey looks at the piercing green eyes that sent daggers at her. The question was more of a challenge since Jessica Gold hold a smirk on her face along with the playful spark in her eyes.

"I just came for a fresh air. That's all." Halsey tries to get out of this situation but the bitch just wasn't going to let her.

"Oh come on Hals." Jessica whines dramatically. "What is it? You don't drink? Have you ever tasted alcohol at all?" She knew that Halsey wasn't one to drink because she was always the one to come pick her brother from a party or if she attended one, she was the designated driver. However, tonight was different, she had no excuse for not drinking because she was going to sleep here, at Heather's. "Are you afraid?" Jessica kept poking her, trying to challenge the girl that has been the only standing while everyone else were sitting in the circle.

All this time, Jason was looking between the girls smirking, knowing how Halsey was going to crack any second because she just wasn't one to be called weak in anyway. He learned that over their little studying session this week when she wanted to solve a math problem but she just kept getting the wrong answer. She was struggling for fifteen minutes and when he told her that he will do it she almost slapped him with her notebook. Eventually she sat it aside to look at it later. That evening he got her text saying how she did it and that was the first time, a girl put a smile on his face over a text, that wasn't a smirk.