1

{Chapter one: The makeover}

Halsey Kendrick groans in her bed as her mother opens up the curtains and lets the light in. She buries her head in the pillow praying the day would already end before it even begun.

Knowing that her mother would eventually come with bucket of ice, since she already once had, she got up and walked her way over to the bathroom in the end of the hall. Unfortunately, Matthew Kendrick, her brother, already locked himself in. However, that didn't stop Halsey to knock on the doors. "Get out!" She screamed, getting her morning frustrations out of her system. "Asshead!"

"Language!" Her mother's warning voice was heard from downstairs where she probably sipped on coffee while reading some business magazine.

After few more punches on the door, older Kendrick opens the door and walks beside his sister as if she didn't just almost broke the doors. She hisses "bitch" under her breath before slamming the door after entering a steamy bathroom.

The first thing Halsey notices in the mirror are the bags under her eyes. She didn't sleep enough last night because she had to do the stupid project in history which was only first in many more to follow this year. The teachers in her school like to give extra assignments for bringing your grades up in junior's year. She had to think about getting into a good college next year if she wanted a decent life in the future as her mother always told her.

She took her time taking the shower causing all the hot water to run out, making her stop eventually. Jumping out of the shower and brushing her teeth she makes a fast plan in her head for the day. Mother told her that she was needed in the coffee shop today because Samantha, the afternoon shift waitress, called yesterday that she couldn't make it because her son got sick. Her mother only asked her to replace the workers if she herself couldn't take their place. She didn't complain though, because that got her extra money she needed for her fun activities with her best friends.

Halsey wasn't a loner in her school, but she also wasn't sat by the popular table like her brother is. Her perfect description would be: ordinary girl with a bit higher IQ and "I don't give a shit" attitude. Only the truth was, she had her downs now and then when she would look herself in the mirror with disgust but would cover it up with comforting thoughts - it's the hormones. She would then put a smile on her face and look more confident than ever. Today was one of those days but she felt something in her to click so she decides to do something she never does for school - dressing up.

Walking out of the bathroom, her stomach makes a growling noise, reminding her to eat something before school. However, she pushes her sanity in the back of her mind and goes to her room to dress for school a lot more than usual which she knows will leave her with no time for breakfast.

What gave her idea to dress up? She didn't know herself, again she was blaming it on the hormones and stress of course. It could be true since she thought that today she looked worse than ever before, with bags under her eyes taking up half of her face and her messy hair that wouldn't listen to her. There was also the fact that she just got into a PMS, her phone have shown her that it was only few days left until cramps would come into her life again. Everything added up to the fact that her mind decided to take her into a world of tank tops, heels and make up.

As she was half way through her make up, putting mascara on and blush, her phone buzzed. She took the technological device in her free hand and unlocked it with the fingerprint. She scrolled through her notifications which she only ignores and found the newest one that actually got her interested. Her friend Heather sent her a invite to party event she was talking about for the last two weeks.

Heather Archer's biggest dream was to make a party while in high school and invite absolutely everyone. She lived in a mansion on the hill. Archer family was one of the richest in the Rainville town. Unfortunately, her parents worked mostly from home. If any of them did go on a business trip, the other stayed home. So when they told their daughter that she will be left alone this weekend, she took the opportunity and started her preparations two weeks ago when they have told her about it. Now she officially made it public for everyone to know that this weekend, on Friday after eight o'clock in the afternoon, the party at Heather Archer's mansion will be held.