7. Batter in the Oven

Start from the beginning

She gets up from the cold tiles of the toilet floor and flushes the vomit away. She wasn't even sure why she was throwing up or most importantly, what she was throwing up—she hadn't eaten anything for the past ten hours. Her stomach growls at the remembrance of her indifferent eating habits, all that had to change now.

She quickly showers and gets dressed, she ties her hair into a ponytail since it is only in that state that it seemed to remain tamed. She is wearing a baby pink maxi dress and tribal gladiator sandals, she puts on some mascara, a bit of reddish lip gloss and finishes her look off with her wedding ring before leaving the room.

She goes searching for Lisa in the dining room and finds that she isn't there and the table is not yet set. That's odd, she thinks to herself as she continues looking around the house for her—which is not an easy task considering the vast space.

She finally pops her head through the kitchen door and finds her seating by the shiny metallic breakfast bar, lost in the morning newspaper. She was so beautiful, her hair an utter wet mess but ravishing in its own intricate way. Her biceps bulge against her tight gym shirt and the sweat from what looks like an early morning workout sparkle under the ray of the golden sunshine that escapes through the windows. She swallows deeply as she muses the beauteousness of her being, her looks were just too much for her to handle.2

She walks towards her and she lifts her gaze to meet hers upon hearing her sandals clap against the floor, her cheerful morning grin has returned and her heart does a triple backflip before returning back to pounding as hard as ever.

"Good morning, Mrs. Manoban." She beams as she pulls out a silver-coloured leather bar stool and plops down next to Lisa.

"Morning, Jennie." She inspects her from head to toe and smirks suggestively, making her cheeks to experience a thermal wave.

"You look very lovely. I must say, I'm a very lucky man to have bagged such a beauty." She lifts her cup of coffee to her mouth and wiggles her eyebrows over the lid playfully. Jennie lets out a snort laden laugh and quickly slaps her hand over her mouth—her cheeks are scarlet with fluster.

"Don't. I totally find a woman with a snort quite attractive." She chuckles, setting her cup down and licking her bottom lip slowly. Jennie rolls her eyes, she was such a tease.2

"You don't look too bad yourself." She darts her eyes back and forth her buff arms in admiration at her well-sculptured stature, she could replace the statue of a god from Greek mythology and no one would bat an eyelash or raise a brow.

"Oh, these?" She raises her arms in the air, folds her hands into fists and flexes her muscles boastfully. "I just could no longer stand being so intimidated by your good looks. I needed to take matters into my own hands." She pouts, simulating sadness. God, she could pull off every look perfectly with seamless effort.

"For someone with no interest in women, you seem to know how to work your charm around them." She murmurs, holding her now very steady gaze while remembering poor Sakura from the restaurant, she was so enchanted by her.

"So indeed, I am charming you." Her voice is now husky and her eyes are dark and hooded causing Jennie to stumble between breaths. Her subconscious gives her a stinging slap and she quickly regains composure before throwing a jesting laugh at Lisa.

"I understand that you've barely been in the game, but you wish." She sneers and she can see the ghost of a smile playing on her lips. Her eyes dance with amusement and it is obvious that she is enjoying their brief exchange of words.

Before any of them can further the conversation, Dahyun walks in. She's wearing the largest smile one can think of and today her wavy and extremely long hair is free. She greets them heartily before she inquires about what they would like for breakfast.