nine

Applause.

Lights shining and applause rings through the theater, my hand gripped tightly by Marie as we bow. My mum came out for this and I have never felt more accomplished. I've never done anything like this and now I've just played the Phantom of Phantom of the Opera.

I'm told to bow again and I do so, Marie smiling brightly at me. She doesn't like leaving me anymore but I can tell something is always on her mind.

We all line up in the corridor for the audience to greet us and they come to me, Marie, and Ashton mainly. I'm extremely tired and my throat hurts.

"My baby," mum cheers, wrapping her arms around me as I hug her back.

"Who knew I'd live to see my tough little Harry tame his curls and put on a costume. You sang so wonderfully," she continues, my lips curved. Marie smiles beside me and mum hugs her as well, congratulating her on making it into the Opera Ballet School. Marie thanks her and they continue talking, my hand shaking many people's and talking to many people on how they enjoyed the play.

"Harry," Roxie smiles, my arms wrapping around her.

"That was fucking awesome," she whispers in my ear, my lips releasing a laugh.

"Thanks," I say, her hand taken by her girlfriend.

"We'll catch you later," she says, my head nodding.

All my friends were in the play, either as extras or minor lead rolls, so we all get together after the show. Marie was invited but she had to...finish packing. As I walk into the party, my hand is met with a drink that I refuse. Simply walking into the kitchen, I grab a soda and pour it into a cup instead. I hang around back, talking with my friends. They cleared the living room in the house for a dance floor. It looks like a club in here.

"How have you been?" I ask Liam, his head nodding. I shake all their hands and lean against the counter, my head turning to look at the guys.

"I have my exam tomorrow," I sigh, all of us complaining about our exams. I have one: English.

"Damn, I fucking hate exams."

"They suck," Louis continues, my head nodding. I stand up and I feel two hands on my arms, lips pressed into my neck.

This doesn't feel right.

"It's about time we got to be alone together," she whispers, my eyes widening.

"Penny, stop," I say, shrugging her off me.

"Come on Harry," she moans, rubbing herself on me. My friends are all too drunk to register.

"No stop," I say, her fingers running against my chest. I feel violated.

"But I want to. I bet she won't fuck you as good as I can," she tugs on my earlobe with her teeth, my hands pushing her off. As soon as I do so, the one face I desperately wanted to see is a few feet in front of me. Eyes fill with tears and I realize everything was done to make her hurt.

"Don't talk to us. Ever," I grit, running after Marie. She's at the end of the hallway, feet scattering steps as she tries to get away from me. I'm breaking.

"Marie!" I yell, her feet pursuing on.

"Go a-away," she yells, my legs catching up to her fairly quickly. My arm wraps around her and I lift her into my arms, apologizing profusely.

"She came onto me. I-I would never do such a thing to you. Please," I whisper, her eyes looking at me. Tears fall but they are wiped by her fingers.

"I saw her kiss you. Touch you," she whimpers, my head burying into her neck.

"I shoved her off me when she tried kissing me. I felt violated and-and I keep pushing her away, but she was on me," I recall, her hands coming to my curls. She holds my head in her hands and I try to reason with her, lips pressing to my cheek.