two

Marie doesn't show up at dance for two days. I've left to work out in the weight room every time for her absence leaves me abandoned. I'm sore, aching, and searching for my mind and soul the entire time I'm lifting weights. I've increased my weight amount each day and I work far too hard. I'm always in the weight room alone and it leaves me thinking out loud half the time. I'm groaning, grunting, and talking to myself due to the fact that Marie French won't be friends with me until I have a mind a soul. I have both of them already but she's making this so hard on me.

"Harry." I turn, sweat running down my torso and face. I'm overheating and the sound of Madame's voice broke my concentration.

"She's here today," she weakly smiles, my hands dropping the weights onto the floor.

"Where was she?" I ask, her lips releasing a sigh.

"I'm afraid even I don't know. She's upset and torn and I need you to dance with her like you did your second day of class. It was superb and she needs the comfort you brought to her," she explains, my head nodding. I wipe my face on my towel and put a cut off over my torso. After I grab my bag, I walk down the halls and into the practice room Madame tells me to enter. I nod and see Marie dancing. her eyes closed. Tears are running down her cheeks and the passion she places into the dance is something I've never seen. It's heavy but light, all the movements effortless.

"What?" she asks, continuing to move gracefully.

"Do you want to dance?" I ask, her feet stopping all movements. I want to hold her.

"I was dancing."

"No. I meant with me," I say, her composure ready to collapse.

Her tears fall to the floor and I move towards her, her feet moving away from me. "Stop," she whispers, distress fluid through her motions. With one swift movement, I encase her hand in mine and pull her into me. I embrace her in my arms, her fingers gripping the edges of my shirt.

She breaks down, my arms holding onto her tightly. The tears fall onto my shirt but I lift one of my hands to carefully brush her cheek. Every tremble is felt from her shaking body and I move to have her wrap her legs around my torso, my legs crossing as I sit on the floor. My hand rests on the middle of her back and the other rests on her cheek, brushing her tears.

"Just relax," I whisper, holding her close to me. She holds me tightly and I bring her fingers to my lips, kissing the back of her fingers gently. I've never been one that's too rough around the edges. I like to think I'm a good person.

"Are you okay?" I ask, her head nuzzled lightly into my neck.

"No."

My lips frown, her sniffles lightening before she crawls off my lap, standing and sauntering to her bag. She loosens the tie in her hair and her brown locks fall to her shoulders. As I stand, she turns the music on and walks towards me.

"Do the steps from the other day," she tells me, my head nodding.

Moving quicker, we dance together. I've mastered the steps and I need to work on timing. Marie clings to me through most of the dance, our expression something different than before.

"No," she says, pulling away from me and cupping her forehead.

"Move the right leg forward," she says, my hand grabbing hers again. After I correct my movement, she moves her hand to my neck. We move together as I lift her, her left leg hooking around my right as I move her up and then slowly move to have her torso to lean down. She stands tall and I move my forehead to hers, both of us turning as we face each other. My hand moves her to spin her, her feet moving expertly. I lift her into my arms again, her back pressed to my chest. Her right leg is hooked by my right arm and she flips in my arms, her hands grabbing my neck. She looks at me, my eyes taking in her beautiful ones.