six

"When did you write this?" the professor asks me, my English assignment in hand.

"A few days ago in the library."

She grabs it and looks at it, reading over it. I missed class yesterday for I was sick to my stomach. Penny plastered pictures of Marie photo-shopped on a naked girl's body, my body never throwing up so violently because if it. it was such a sick and low move. Marie was so upset and I held her most of the day after. The one day we don't see each other, that happened.

"It's well written. Good uses of literary devices," the professor smiles, my head nodding. I thank her and she keeps it, my feet walking out of the room.

"Harry," I hear a voice call, a hand grabbing my forearm.

"What do you say we do something tonight," an all too familiar voice slurs.

"Fuck no!" I yell, shrugging her off. Penny's eyes widen and a few people stop in the middle of the hallway to watch our interaction.

"You have some fucking nerve coming up to me after the shit you pulled yesterday," I state, my hands shoving my sleeves to my elbows.

"How was that wrong? It was hilarious," she laughs, my hand running through my hair.

"Hilarious?! That's my fucking girlfriend!" I yell, a ton of people gasping.

Did I really just call her my girlfriend? Damn it, I am really screwing this up right now.

"G-Girlfriend?" she stutters, my head nodding.

"Yes, and if you ever do that to her again...well, let me just tell you the outcome will not be pretty," I grit, her face paling.

She nearly runs away and I huff off, turning the corner towards the exit. But my feet stop, the hazel eyed girl standing at the corner. By the looks of it, she heard everything I just said.

Her eyes shut and she walks out of the building, my feet rushing after her. "Marie," I plead, her feet walking slowly. She stops and I run in front of her, her small fingers clutching her jacket tightly. Fuck, it's cold outside.

"What's the matter?" I ask, clearly knowing this is about my use of the word 'girlfriend'. I really hope I didn't scare her; make her fear me even more than she had once before.

"I-I don't...why? You said...said girlfriend. I'm your..." she stutters, my hand coming to her cheeks. This always seems to calm her down.

"I said that because...well, I want it to be true," I admit, her nose so rosy and they match her cheeks.

"But...why?" she asks, hugging herself to keep warm.

"Marie, I like you. And you are so beautiful and to be able to be there for you would make me so happy. You put a smile on my face and I get all weird around you. There is nothing I want to do more than to-to be with you," I say, her shy behavior one I have always admired.

She stares, literally stares at me. Her gaze looks so confused but so sure all at the same time. I'm distracted by how she composes herself that I don't even notice the freezing air around me.

"I-I...need space," she whispers, my embarrassment so high right now. She rushes away and I feel so stupid, walking to my apartment and shutting the door. Slamming it, is more like what happened.

"God damn-it!" I yell, throwing my bag at the wall. I hate how stupid I am that I let my thoughts ruin my growing relationship with Marie.

Without another thought, I'm in the workout room and punching the bag. Every ounce of anger is expressed on the bag and I yell, frustration coming out. I put everything on the line and I blew it. She wants space.