42

"Are you ready?"

"Wait!"

"What now, Nini?"

"I need to position my phone."

"You're so slow."

"I know right HAHA."

"Oh shut it y'all ganging up against me again."

"Hurry up!"

"Okayyy, y'all impatient bichesss."

"Okay can we start now?"

"Yeah."

"Okay."

It was the big day, THE big day. Results for the audition at Clover Entertainment were released, and the four girls were on a video call conference, as dramatic as it may seem, miles away from one another.

"Let's open it together, on the count of three we click," Chaeyoung bit her lip to hold back her smile, her eyes literally sparkling.

"I'll count for y'all," Jennie eagerly suggested, gripping her phone in her trembling hand. She had taken on the role of the videographer to record down this iconic moment, and of course, she knew the two girls were going to make it.

Especially Jisoo.

Their hangouts in the day, chats at night. She knew more than anyone else that this was Jisoo's dream, to sign to an entertainment company and work as an entertainer, in this case, an idol. She had seen the look in Jisoo's eyes during their late night video calls, the way she spoke, the hope in her voice, Jennie knew that this meant everything to her.

"But why?"

"What do you mean?"

"Why an idol? Or entertainer in general? All those rumours about how badly the trainees were treated, aren't you scared?"

"Haha, of course not. Well, to be honest, there's still a teeny weeny bit of nervousness in me, but I know that I have to work towards my dream."

"Why's that your dream though?"

"I... I didn't grow up happy."

"..."

"...but I know, that I have an audience, an audience who will love me. When I stand on stage, the people who watch me perform stayed for a reason, and I believe that my singing brings them joy. Imagine a world filled with love. No hatred, no greed, no selfishness. Just imagine. I want to be a reason why people love, it's my way of spreading warmth in this clouded society."

"Are you sure you're going to take the risk?"

"Yes."

"Very sure? I'm worried for you-"

"I love because of everyone's courage, and I believe that I can gain that courage when I love."

Jennie blinked slowly as a smile made its way to her face. It came from her heart.

"Jennie!!!"

"Oh! Oops sorry."

"What were you thinking about LMAO."

"You don't even need to ask, Lisa, it's probably either food or Jisoo, and by the creepy smile on her face I can confirm it's the latter."

"HAHAHAHHA LOOK THEY'RE BLUSHING!"

"N-no I'm not!"

"ABXUDJSJSNBD LOOK AT JISOO SHE'S TOO SHY HAHAHAH."

"S-same for you and Chaeyoung, y'all can't hide your redness and I can always tell LMAO."

"Oh shut up Jennie."

"Okay okay let's just start before this turns into a whole matchmaking programme."

"I can also confirm that Jisoo is the only sane one out of us sometimes."

"You mean always."

"Pfft."

"OKAY LET'S JUST START."

In her room, Lisa gripped onto her blanket as she lay on her bed. It's finally going to happen. Please please, she prayed hard.

"Okay ready?"

"Yeah."

"Yes."

"Bring it on."

No doubt that all of their hands were shaking.

"3..."

Chaeyoung's slender fingers held on to the mouse as she moved it up.

"2..."

Calm down, it's gonna be fine. Jisoo placed her hand over her heart. All she could hear was the frantic beating of it and it rang throughout her body.

"1!"

...

"OH MY GOD!"

"WHAT, CHAENG?"

"OH MY HECKING GOD!"

"DONT JUST OMG US, TELL US!"

"CHAEYOUNG!!!"

"I... I freaking gOT IN!"

"OMG."

"CONGRATULATIONS I KNEW IT."

"Wait, don't cry..."

"I-it says here t-that they would arrange a date to m-meet to sign the c-contract... I- Is this even real? Am I still dreaming? I..."

"DONT CRY IT'S GOOD NEWS."

"YEAH IT'S HAPPY WE SHOULD ALL CELEBRATE!"

"WAIT NO STOP JUMPING ON YOUR BED LALISA YOUR SCREEN IS GIVING ME A HEADACHE."

"OH HELL LIKE I CARE ABOUT YOU HUH?"

"OH SCREW YOU! ...wait."

"WHAT?"

"Jisoo?"

"Mhm?"

"Um... how... um..."

"Oh haha I didn't get in."

...

"Don't worry, they say that practice makes perfect right? I'll just try for it again."

...

"I..."

"Oh I got to go... Congrats, Chae."

"Wait don't go!"

...

"I'll... go t-talk to her."

"No, let me."

"But I'm her best friend..."

"It'll be awkward for both of you, I'll do it."

"...okay."

...

"Chaeyoung..."

"I'm s-sorry Lisa, I have to go."

"I-"

"I'm really sorry."

Toot.

It ended.

——————
[21/3/20]

last update for today!

oh and stay safe guys, covid-19 may seem terrifying but it'll be alright if we all unite #chiminjoonyaforpresident HAHAHAH

goodbye for now.

with love,
chiminjoonya