5. Being Jennie Manoban

Start from the beginning

Lisa is seated in a chair, engrossed in some wildlife magazine but raises her head and smiles at Jennie as she approaches her.

"Ah! Right on time." She jokingly looks at the watch clasped around her wrist.
Jennie shakes her head, she can't deal with her morning cheerfulness.
Lisa indulges her in an informative conversation about panda bear endangerment for a few minutes before Momo directs them to the dining room for breakfast where they have pancakes. Jennie is still getting used to having to do nothing, all her life she had cooked her own breakfast, cleaned after herself and even did her own laundry but now Lisa had made sure of it that she was quite very much idle.

After breakfast, Lisa directs Jennie to the driveway where they get into a small golf cart like vehicle and begin to drive.

"Where are we going?" She asks as Lisa maneuvers the vehicle.

"Well, first, I would like to give you an in-depth tour of the compound. You must know your way around if you're going to pull off to my friends and family that we're married." She looks at her through the dark Ferrari sunglasses that she has on.

Oh, so this is what all this is about? She thinks to herself.

As Lisa continues to drive around, she decides to shove her thoughts aside and focus on looking. Their first stop is by a large sea blue, Grecian plunge pool that is centered in a beautiful garden courtyard. It is bordered by blue and white ceramic tiles and a little beautiful cabin sits close by.

She then directs her to the sports section where Jennie is amazed by the number of courts present. He takes her through the badminton court and then the golf course before she stops by a small building that is made of glass.

"That there, is the gym. Make sure you remember clearly where it is because, in a couple of months, that will be your home." She chuckles slightly before continuing the ride. They drive past the laundry area and the guest houses which is where the employees stay. Lisa walks her into her own inbuilt game room and mini theatre before she directs her to what she refers to as her pride and glory- Her garage. The garage is as large as an airport hanger and a wide range of vehicles were parked, from antiques to the latest sports cars-Ferraris, Bentleys, Aston Martins, a very impressive Porsche 911 Carrera Cabriolet convertible and of course a series of Mercedes Benz vehicles. She introduces her to the mechanics who are working inside the garage while telling her about an almost fatal accident she had with one of the cars.1

Finally, she leads her to a children's playground that harbours a wide range of amusement park equipment.
"Why do you have a playground in your home?" She asks in curiosity as he drives by.

She smiles wryly."Once a year, my sister Moonbyul flies in from France for a vacation in the U.S, she has kids. She stays here and her kids have a wonderful time in the playground. I love that."

Jennie is stunned a bit by her statement, she can't believe that The Lisa Manoban actually has a soft spot for something. She never pegged him for the loving auntie type, maybe the grumpy auntie at thanksgiving who never has anything to be thankful for during grace-yes, but definitely not the loving auntie type.

"That's very sweet. Almost thought you didn't have it in you." She grins and Lisa furrows her brows at her statement.

"What do you take me for, Jennie?" Her eyes are still focused on the path through which she is driving.

"A woman without a heart." She blurts.

Lisa is even more stunned. She strikes a gaze of disbelief at her, pulls the cart over and then turns to face her.

"You think I don't have a heart?" She asks, her voice is now much softer like she is pained by her declaration.

"You kinda give off that vibe." She murmurs, wishing she never said anything in the first place. Damn her big mouth, she just wanted to know why she was so unwelcoming to the thought of love. What kind of person can live without love?