Chapter 12: A Beginning (Jangra POV)

I knew what was about to happen next, and I felt bad for my brother and sister. They were always a lot closer to Himla than I was. My mother had his head held down to the ground and I could tell Mik already knew what was going on.
"This is about our father isn't it?" Mik said to my mother, my brother looked a bit surprised and a little bit confused at the same time. He was smarter than most dragons but not quite as smart as me and my sister were.
"Yes... It hurts me to say it..." My mother began saying. My brother was genuinly confused. I was surprised that he had not seen something like this coming for a long time. It almost seemed like my father viewed my mother as a friend he could get advice from, just not a loved one.
"What is going on? Is there something I do not know about?" Plok said noticing that I was looking sadly at my mother. Like I said he was not dumb at all, but there was some things that he did not understand that dragons like us did.
"Plok... You've known it for a long time, I know you have, our father does not feel true love for our mother anymore, and I don't know if he ever has." Mik said to my brother, my mother was staring at the ground and I could see her wiping the tears from off of her eyes.
I did not understand how my father did not have love and affection for this dragon, she was beautiful as ever, she was always kind and sweet to him and his chidren. Plok was looking around still a bit confused but then suddenly you could see the pieces beginning to click in his head.
"Oh... I thought he just didn't have time to talk... I didn't realize there was a deeper meaning. Continue... Is he throwing you out whats going on?" He said to my mother. Mik looked at my mother, she had not known what was about happen next.
I knew something like this was in the making but I did not expect it to get this bad, and I felt terrible for my mother for it, I had lost a lot of respect for my father, it is one thing to leave your wife, but another to throw your kids out under the roof as well.
"Yes... Not just me, all of you, we will find a cave from the elders, and we will live there til you all find a loved one." She nodded looking at all of us. She then winced when she looked at me, she was thinking of the same thing that I was when she said it. Penta, and as much as I hated her right now, I still did care for her at one point.
"Oh... I did not know that it was that bad..." My sister Mik said to her. My mother nodded and sat down looking down at the ground of the cave sadly. I felt bad for her, I'll she gave him was pure love and still he rejected her.
He rejected her for a black dragon, a different tribe, and a different species none the less. He did not even talk to that dragon anynmore. I felt sick to my stomach just even thinking about it in my head.
Maybe he did talk to her, I had heard he would randomly sneak out of camp and disappear on his own for a while, it made sense, I just thought there were no black dragons nearby.
All of the sudden a ghast just broke into my mind, and it all started to make sense. Why all of this had come down to this right now. I remembered Yikla, she was the daughter of Plyma, but the mother of... Oh... It really began to make sense.
He knew that she was the daughter of his old love, and she had probably told him some things about him, or maybe he had asked. Based off of what I had heard, Plyma was not being friendly to any dragon, when I had snuck in to listen to their conversation.
He probably thought that maybe, Kopla, his old lover might be thinking about him or potentially thinking about going after her. It made no sense but I could see something like that fron my father, that is what basically had started the last war amung other things.
I wanted to tell all of them, but at the same time I did not, maybe I would tell Plok, I was not supposed to sneak in and hear the leaders conversations at all, his small little talking cave was off limits to any dragon.
The deputy, Socra had seen me and it would not be a surprise to me if she put some gaurds or maybe even some elders to make sure something like that would never happen again. I was lucky she was nice and gratious to me, or else I would have potentially gotten thrown out of the group.
With the way my father had been today, or rather yesterday, I thought not realizing that it was already so late until now. I was beginning to feel really tired now that I put that thought into my mind.
With how my father how he was right now, him throwing out us and our mother it would not have surprised me. Maybe that is why Socra had been kind on me, she probably knew what the position was with Himla, he told her about everything and he always looked for her for advice.
I had a feeling she tried giving him advice, and he would not listen this time. I shook my head and moaned thinking about him again, at least it was slightly better thoughts than thinking about Penta, but that really was not saying all that much.
"Yes... After your brother starts his training, like your father told me, then we were to be out." My mother said to us. I shook my head, I then walked away, I did not want to think about it, there had been so many bad things that had happened today, so much in one day it was worse than the whole last year.
That was not saying much, my life was pretty fun and all up until yesterday. But that had been just a terrible sequence of events. Penta rejecting me and almost attacking me, me taking in a black dragon, and then finding out that my mother was getting divorced, along with finding out we might get attacked. It was absolutely crazy. Plok walked over to me, he knew what was going on, and what was happening inside my head. It hurt me so much and it was just so much to take in all at once.
I sat there and he nodded to me pushing himself up close to me. Like all dragons whenever you rub up against each other you feel warm and loved and it made me feel a little bit better.
I sat there for a few moments and after Mik and my mother Oplam had fallen asleep then Plok began to talk to me. He looked at me sadly, as if he did understand what was going on in my head, which I doubted, he had never really had a love.
"I understand what you are going through, before you were born there was a dragon that rejected me, everyone told me that she would not, I am a handsome dragon and so are you, but she did just not quite in the fashion that yours did." He began saying to me. My brother was nearly 50 years old so I guess it kind of made sense.
"Yeah... She really hurt me, I think it is going to take a bit of time to grow from that." I said to him. He nodded to me and moved his head up and continued what he was telling me.
"You need to focus on you, the woman will come to you. I have had some for me but none that really interested me, you have to know you are bigger and better than that dragon. Something is wrong in her head, you can not blame her for it." He said to me. I nodded, all of out friends had known for quite some time that she was not normal.
I sat there and nodded, he lowered his body and he quickly fell asleep. I sat there for a few moments wondering about my brothers advice but then I nodded to myself and headed to sleep myself.