Chapter 16: Spring

Start from the beginning

"So back to Damian and Lindsey," Giovanni said. "What are you two going to do for the whole week?"

"I've never been to New York," Damian said. "I'm sure there's plenty to do."

"I can show Damian everything about New York," Lindsey spoke up excited. "I can plan the whole trip! If you're okay with that."

"I was hoping you would," Damian said. "When I was going to tell you, I was going to ask for you to plan the trip. I'll pay for everything."

"I'm going to need to get permission from my grandparents first though," Lindsey said.

"Let me talk to them," Damian said. "I'm sure I can convince them."

~*~*~*~

It was early Saturday morning and Lindsey was dropped off at Wayne Manor. Alfred had a car pulled around the front of the house for Damian and Lindsey. She left her suitcase by car and walked up to the door.

Before she even reached the door, it swung open and a figure came running towards her.

"Lindsey!" Dick shouted as he ran towards her. He wrapped his arms around her in a bear hug, picking her up off the ground.

"I didn't know you were in town again, Dick," Lindsey said as she was placed back on the ground.

"I know, I was hoping to spend Spring Break with my brothers, but one is going out of town with his girlfriend. And the other is spending as much time with his girlfriend, away from the house," Dick said. "I'll be alone with Bruce all week."

"Maybe you should get a girlfriend," Lindsey laughed. "I heard you broke up with the one you had."

"It was mutual. She wanted it as much as I did," Dick shrugged. "But I guess I am a bit lonely. Know anyone single?"

"Not your age," Damian voice sounded from the front door. "If you're that lonely, do what other people your age do and go to a club and find someone to take home."

"I'd rather not, Damian," Dick said. "So anyway, you two have fun on your trip. But not too much fun. You're sleeping in different hotel rooms for a reason."

"Because her grandparents wouldn't let her come if we didn't do it this way," Damian muttered, coming out of the Manor with a suitcase rolling behind him.

He pushed Dick away from Lindsey, bringing her into his arms. Lindsey in return, wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him tighter to his body.

"I'm so excited for this trip, Damian," Lindsey whispered in his ear. "I can't wait to show you all my favorite places."

Just then Alfred and Bruce came out of the Manor. They stood in line with Dick, looking at Lindsey and Damian.

"I hope that you two will enjoy your time in New York," Bruce said. "If you need anything, you can always call Alfred and I. Or Dick."

"I'll call Dick first," Damian said.

"I'll call Dick first, as well," Lindsey muttered. "He's the only number I have."

"Which is why, this is a list of all the numbers that you can contact us by," Alfred said, walking to Lindsey. He hands her a slip of paper. It has the numbers of Bruce, Alfred, Dick, the Manor phone, Bruce's office phone, and even Tim's at the very bottom.

"Thank you, Alfred," Lindsey said.

"You two should get on the road," Bruce said. "The quicker you get out there, the more time to do all the things you have planned."

"Father's right, let's get on the road, Lindsey," Damian said.

"Okay, I'll see you all in a week," Lindsey waved at the men.