Chapter 15: Meeting

"So we're going to your place for our date?" Lindsey asked Damian in their art class. 

It's been a week since their first date and they had planned to have another one today after school. And once again, Lindsey let Damian plan it.

"I was thinking we could watch a couple movies, make some buttery popcorn, drink some soda, maybe order a pizza later tonight for dinner," Damian said. "Like any regular movie night."

"Do you even watch movies?" Lindsey asked. "You've never talked about movies before. I thought you just didn't watch them."

"Not until I moved in with Father," Damian shrugged. "I like the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise."

"Are we going to watch all of them?" Lindsey asked.

"If you want to," Damian said.

"I think it'll be fun," Lindsey said. "I've only seen the first one, myself."

"Pennyworth is supposed to be picking us up after school and take us to the manor," Damian explained. "We can use the movie room."

"Can you two love bugs work on your paintings?" Miss Blakeman asked stepping between their two easels.

"Sorry, we were just talking about our date for tonight," Lindsey apologized before turning back to her paints.

"Romantic dinner? Study date? What are you two doing?" Miss Blakeman asked.

"Congratulations on the engagement," Damian said.

The two ladies stared at him. Miss Blakeman was engaged? How would Damian know? Was it obvious?

"You took off your ring right before the bell rang," Damian said. "You seem a great deal happier than you were yesterday. And you've been watching us since we walked in and you're asking about our date. I assumed. Unless you're not?"

"No, thank you, Damian," Miss Blakeman said with an unbelievable tone. "I didn't want any of my colleagues or students to find out. You are a great detective, Damian."

"Tt."

"Now, back to work," Miss Blakeman said. "I can't wait to see what the two of you come up with."

She pranced away as Lindsey watched her.

"How could you even notice all of that?" Lindsey asked Damian softly.

He was already working on his painting. He didn't look away from his canvas. "I just notice."

"What are you going to paint?" Lindsey asked.

"You'll see," Damian whispered. 

~{}~{}~{}~{}~{}~

Damian and Lindsey walked out the front of the school hand and hand. Damian saw Pennyworth standing outside of the car.

"Ah, Miss Lindsey," Alfred said. "It's so nice to see you."

"You, too, Alfred," Lindsey said. "And you can just call me Lindsey. You don't need to say the 'Miss'."

"Of course," Alfred said. He opened the door and let Lindsey in. Damian moved in after Lindsey. Alfred got into the driver's seat and started the car.

"Master Damian?" Alfred called as he started the car. "Your Father called earlier. He wants to meet Miss Vindai. He asked that I bring the two of you to his office. Then I would be happy to take you two to the manor for your date. Now buckle up!"

Lindsey was ready to run out of the car. Damian stared at Alfred like he had grown a second head. Alfred just smiled back at the two and began to drive.