Chapter 9: Homecoming

It was the day of the Homecoming dance and Blaine had offered her home to everyone to get ready. Lindsey had her dress in a garment bag. Her grandparents told her that the dress she had bought earlier in the summer, was not good enough to wear for a Homecoming at Gotham Academy. They had taken her out shopping earlier this week for a dress.

The dress she got was not one she would have picked out for herself. When she tried it on, she was surprised that is was one of her grandfather's picks. Once Lindsey saw the tears in her grandparents eyes, she knew it was her dress.

Lindsey stepped out of the car, not waiting for Samuel to let her out.

"It's okay Samuel," Lindsey said leaning her head back into the car to talk to the driver. "You head back. I'm pretty sure I'll be staying the night." She held up the overnight bag she packed. "Thank you."

"It's my pleasure, Miss Vindai," Samuel said.

Lindsey closed the door and ran up to the front door.

Blaine's house was on the south side of Gotham. Most of the places she passed were more rundown, but Blaine's home was more Victorian-looking. It was a lovely home and before Lindsey reached the door, it swung open and she was engulfed in hugs.

When she was finally let out from the swarm of hugs, she was inside and in a living room. There was a woman sitting in a high backed chair and a young teenage girl sitting on the floor with a phone in her hand.

"You must be Lindsey!" the teenage girl said.

"I am," Lindsey nodded. "Who are you?"

"That's my little sister Bailey," Blaine said. Lindsey could see the resemblance. They both had the blonde hair and big eyes, except Bailey's eyes were brown. "And that's my mom sitting in the chair."

"I kicked out my husband and sons for the night, so it's just us girls here," Blaine's mom said.

There was a cough from somewhere in the room. Lindsey saw Giovanni and Logan sitting on a loveseat.

"Us girls and your 'friend-dates'," Blaine's mom said. Lindsey could hear the air quotes.

"Two bros chillin' on couch five feet apart cause they're not gay," Bailey sang.

"We're not gay!" the two boys yelled.

The whole room burst into laughter. When the laughter ended, and Giovanni and Logan were fuming in anger Lindsey turned to Blaine.

"Who all are we waiting for?" Lindsey asked.

"Ryeanne had to pick up Noah," Blaine said. "And Abigail texted me telling me she forgot my address. And she was over here last weekend helping Benedict, my older brother, with a partner dance. Benedict teaches some dance classes at a local dance studio. So he asked for some help to figure out some of the lady moves."

"What's your youngest brother's name?" Lindsey asked.

"Timmy."

"That's a lie!" Bailey shouted. "It's Benjamin."

"I tell people it's a different name to freak them out," Blaine said.

"Ryeanne and Noah are here," Logan said as he looked out the window.

Juliet, Blaine, and Kelsey all ran to the door.

"Do not hug me!" Lindsey heard Noah yell. "NO!"

Noah ran inside and jumped onto the loveseat between Giovanni and Logan.

"Three bros chillin' on a loveseat five feet apart cause they're not in a gay threesome!" Bailey sang.

"We're not gay!" the three boys yelled.