4. An Unimmaculate Conception

Start from the beginning

Well played, Nayeon. She thought to herself, feeling worse from what her sister has just said to her. She tried really hard to fight the tears that were threatening to burst out. She didn't like lying to her sister, she wanted to spill her guts and scream to the world that she was married and going to sell her baby to Lisa Manoban so that she could pay for her sister's treatment. It would make her feel much more better but at the same time, Nayeon would never let that happen.

She is still staring down at the white tiled floor, fiddling with her fingers in guilt.

"Nayeon. I know it could be quite difficult to hear but I need you to trust me. Do you trust me?" She now stares up to look at Nayeon who nods frantically.

"Of course. I trust you completely."
Nayeon's statement gives her some kind of solace, her faith gives her peace.

"Good, because that is all I need from you. Your trust. I'm okay." She says as convincingly as possible. Nayeon doesn't buy it one bit but knows her sister well enough not to push her for answers, at Jennie's own time she would confide in her.

"Okay, Jennie. I will trust you." She says softly, hoping she has not just made a big mistake.

Jennie smiles slightly. "I have hired a caretaker for you. Her name is Jihyo, she's a nice young lady. She'll be here shortly."

Nayeon smiles back at her as she releases her hands from her chest.
"Thanks, Jennie. I appreciate all it is that you're doing for me" She says in a heartfelt way.

"Don't mention. It's what sisters do." Jennie smiles heartily this time and proceeds to pull Nayeon into a deep, tight hug before pressing her lips to her full head of hair.

"I love you so much Nayeon." She whispers to her.

"I love you too, Jennie." Nayeon replies before breaking away from the affectionate embrace.

Jennie walks shamefully to the bottle of chutney sauce and picks it up.
"I have to be somewhere soon but I'm going to finish lunch before I get on my way. Thanks for the help with the chutney." She smiles and raises the bottle to Nayeon who giggles and shakes her head as she walks away from the kitchen in disbelief.

Jennie is immersed in staring at herself in the mirror, her long coffee brown hair is packed into a tight ponytail and she's wearing her favourite pair of jeans and a fuchsia top that Nayeon gave her for valentines. Just maybe one more swipe of lipgloss...... And maybe an extra touch of mascara. She thinks to herself as she scrambles through her purse for her makeup items. Her phone buzzes in her pocket as she swipes one final layer of lipgloss over her lips, startling her in the process.

She retrieves the device from her behind and stares at the screen, the digits are familiar—Lisa's. She hadn't even bothered to save her number. She sighs and picks up the phone.

"Hello, Lisa." She tries to avoid saying her last name at home in an effort to leave Nayeon in the dark. The last thing she wants to do is have to explain why the hell she's having personal relations with The Lisa Manoban.

"Hello, Miss Kim. I'm parked at our usual spot." Lisa says into the phone in a blank voice.

"Okay. Just give me a minute and I'll meet you there shortly." She replies before clicking the call off.

She checks herself one last time in the mirror, uncertain why she's even so bothered about what she looks like. Maybe it was just the fact that she was in a good mood about being able to get her sister a qualified nurse to watch over her. Things were already getting better and soon Nayeon would be on her way to having her surgery.