Chapter 35

Sasha's trial was over. She'll spend 15 years in prison, which even though that was a lot, was a major reduction from what could have been. By which I mean her parents' life sentences. Her parents will be in prison for a very, very long time.

Everything was over... And I have no idea how I feel about that.

That's all I've been thinking about since the conclusion of the trial yesterday afternoon. After all of the things that happened, I don't really know how to proceed.

Everyone is in their own rooms, processing separately.

All I know is that I'm going to be in and out of meetings with different law enforcement agencies all day. At least Blake and Mia offered to come with me. What are they going to tell me? My life is in danger? That many people hate me? Yeah, I know. It isn't new information. I can't make everyone happy.

But in all seriousness, the people who hate me and Zach are the people who used to work for the Mills. The regular factory workers, not the criminals. They're in prison too. There are going to be thousands of job losses due to all of the Mills' property being sold. I'm half inclined to buy the company just to prevent the lost jobs, but my advisers are counselling me against that idea, claiming that it would ruin my image. "They'll find new jobs," they say. " It'll be fine," they reassure me. "Focus on rebuilding your empire." every speech ends.

I'm mean, they aren't wrong. But still. I can't help but feel responsible.

Things are getting better. Tomorrow, and I've already informed my assistant, I'm not going to have any meetings. I'm going to have a fun day out with all of my friends. We'll act like normal people.

Well, as normal as two 18-year-old CEOs, a couple of government agents, and a few more rich kids with their own security. Yeah, Chloe and Ryan's parents aren't taking any chances. And then there's Nava, who has approximately a million questions she has to answer from her parents. I'm supporting her in spirit, from afar. We're all banned from seeing her until er parents get the full story from her point of view.

Luckily for us, we've (and by we I mean Mia) managed to convince her parents to let her come out for ice cream with us.

And that's what we're doing now. I'm sitting in a car with Zach, wearing glasses and a wig, being driven to this tiny, adorable ice cream place here in New York. I used to come to her with my parents all the time as a child, and I'm glad I'll be able to share this happy place with all of my best friends.

When we arrived, everyone else was already there, waiting for us.

"Of course you two are late. What else should we have expected? I bet you were picking out which lip balm to wear, you only have 300 shades." Mia said

"Actually, it's 315," I respond sarcastically.

We all look at each other, and within seconds, our attempt to hold it together breaks. There is no way I can keep myself from laughing when surrounded by all of my best friends.

We all head into the ice cream shop. I get my regular, which is obviously chocolate with chocolate fudge sauce and gummy bears. Everyone else gets slightly more conservative flavours.

As we sit down, I notice a few things.

Blake and Xavier are holding hands. I'm about to say something, maybe tease them a bit, but Mia gives me a shake of the head as well as a smirk. What does that mean? I question her with my eyes.

Not 5 seconds later I receive a text message from none other than Mia Dale.

'They're being super shy about it. I'll start teasing them later, you can join in. But we need to take it slow." Of course, Mia's like 11 steps ahead of me and already has a plan.