Chapter 7

"Blake Carson, you are under arrest for the murder of Melissa Rains."

What was going on? I was so confused. Blake didn't kill Millie, there was no way. He's probably the least likely person to kill someone.

The police offices came up to him and pulled him up. He didn't resist, even though I am one hundred percent certain that he easily could've. He is most likely much better trained than these guys, no shade to the police. I have full respect for them but I've seen guards for witness protection, being trained to lift and flip things and people twice their weight. It was honestly incredible.

The officers put his wrists behind his back and the snapped handcuffs on them. They then led him out of the cafeteria. Everyone's eyes followed them. Then everyone turned to me, including Chloe.

She's been avoiding me the last few days and I don't know why. Honestly, I think it's because I've been acting weird the last few days. It was just me proving Blake's point: I can't keep a secret about other people in front of them. I act weird. I run out of the cafeteria and into the bathroom; if anyone asks it's because I couldn't handle all the attention. In reality, once I made sure there was no one in the bathroom, I called Maggie.

"Maggie, Blake got arrested!"

"I know, it was all over the news," she said from the other end of the line. "Everything will be fine, we'll figure it out. There's always the backup plan"

"What backup plan?" I ask.

"One I won't tell you right now. Just act normal, go back to class and come straight home after school. We still have a bunch of bugs on you so we will still be tracking you."

After that, she hangs up and the bell signalling the end of lunch rings. I head out of the bathroom.

In the halls, everyone is giving me weird looks. I do my best to ignore it and not let it bother me but it's hard. When I get to class, I sit down at my usual desk and just pull out my phone. I can hear them whispering about me. When the teacher gets into the class, they stop. Thank god. Class continues normally. Well, as normal as it can be without Blake. Fourth period goes by similarly.

After school, I go home immediately. Blake was smart enough to toss me the keys to the car before he got arrested. I shrug at that word. Arrested, Blake?

*****************************

No one explained the plan to me that night. The next morning isn't much better.

Today marks 12 years since my parents died.

There was no way I was going to school today. And, frankly, no one was forcing me. Maggie called the school and told them that I was ill and tired and that I wouldn't be in today. The school was really strict about guardians calling instead of the teens themselves. Students skipping school and all that.

Anyway, we also had the whole issue of blake bein in jail. And we had to get him out. He got into this situation because of me, and I'll personally get him out f I have to. Even if both Maggia and Al told me to chill out. They said he'd be fine, but being faithful is really hard these days.

At noon, I decided that I could no longer just sit in my room and be upset about Blake. I needed to do something. I went down to go chat with my guardians about what it was that I should do about the whole situation.

"Well, I'm glad you finally decided to do something. Come on, we're going to the police station to pick up Blake." Al said.

I was shocked. How did he know that I wanted to go after Blake? How will he get out of prison? At least without proof. And he's 18, so he could be legally responsible. I didn't have to wonder for very long.