Chapter 9- Bonding Part 2

~Next Morning~
I wake up with a massive headache. "Ugh." I rub my forehead as I lay in bed. "I didn't even drink last night." It's so strange. "Hey." Maya comes into my room with a tray of food. "I feel like death." I complain to her. "You don't do good with parties so, I kinda figured." She comes over to me. "Which is why I made you homemade chicken noodle soup." It smells amazing. "Thank you so much." I sit up against the backboard. "Unfortunately, you can't take any pain killers since you're pregnant, but I know Tylenol is safe." Do we even have that? I haven't used it since I was a kid. "I have some in my bathroom." She hands me the tray and trots off to get it. The soup is still smoking and I can't wait to dig in. My phone is on the nightstand and I reach over and grab it. There's 3 messages from an unknown number. "That's not scary at all." I unlock my phone and read the messages.

Unknown: Hey. It's me Hayden.

"How did she get my number?!" I stare at the phone screen.

Hayden: So, about that date. Don't forget to tell me your answer.

"Right. That." Cue a face palm.

Hayden: Btw. Your sister gave me your number last night when we dropped you off.

"That little shit." I put my phone down. "Here we are." Maya comes back in with the Tylenol. "You are such a sneak." I call her out. "Oh come on, sis. She's hot as hell. This is your chance to get a girlfriend." She pours some in a little cup. "I'm not looking for a relationship." I'm handed the cup. "Right. And I'm not straight. Shut up, Lydia." I groan and take the medicine. "Now, eat." Maya stands there and watches me. I taste the soup and it's amazing. "It's good as always." My phone dings and she grabs it. "Hey!" If I move anymore i'll spill the soup."It's her again. Hayden I think her name was." Maya is able to unlock my phone. "She says she hopes you're feeling ok." I feel my heart speeding up. "I'm replying for you." WHAT?! "NO!" She ignores me. "I'm doing fine. How are you today? Send." I cover my face.  Another ding. "Oh. She's quick." Now i'm being teased. "So how about that date?" Maya reads aloud. "Date?!" I knew she was going to freak out. "I'm saying yes." She starts typing on my phone. "MAYA!" I reach for it. "Nope!" She backs away. "And sent." I'm gonna die. "Like I said before. You're getting laid." I probably look like a crazy person now. "I could never sleep with her, Maya. After the whole Celine thing I just..." I trail off. Maya's gaze softens and she sits at the foot of my bed. "She is such a bitch. I hate her so much." I grip the bed sheets tightly.

"I can't hate her, Maya. I just can't." She sighs. "I know. You went to the end of the world for her and gave her your undying love. Even after all that she still treated you like shit. It's hard to let the love you had for her go." I eat the soup to avoid talking. "Anyways, Kai moved in this morning." Maya stands up and stretches. "I'm glad it worked out." She smiles. "Thanks, sis." She leaves out of my room. Once I'm alone I pick up my phone.

Hayden: Great! I'll pick you up an in hour?

Me: Yeah that's fine.

Hayden: Awesome! I'll see you then. I'm so excited!

There's no going back now. I rub the bridge of my nose and smile at the screen like an idiot. Maybe this won't be so bad...

~An Hour Later~
I'm in the kitchen looking through the pantry for food, waiting for Hayden. I've been a blushing mess the whole time. Maya and Kai went for a walk so, I'm alone. *Ding Dong* "Hmm?" There's a spoonful of peanut butter in my mouth as I check my phone. "That's weird. She's ten minutes early." I take the spoon out of my mouth and walk to the door. When I look through the peephole it's Celine. I gasp and duck to the floor. "I know you saw me, Lydia." She calls out. "Damn it." I curse to myself before opening the door. "What?" My nerves are on edge. "I'm here for my stuff." My body goes cold and my throat is suddenly dry. "I don't have your stuff." I find my words. She frowns. "What do you mean?" Stay strong. "Maya threw them out the minute you broke up with me." Celine grabs me by the shirt. "Your damn sister did what?!" I whimper. "She threw them out! They're at the dump!" Celine throws me to the floor and I twist my foot. "You bitch!" She steps on my chest. "Ow!" I cry out. "You good for nothing little shit!" She spits in my face. "HEY!" A familiar voice yells. Next thing I know, Hayden is inside my house. She slams Celine against the wall, her hands wrapping around her neck. 

"Hayden?!" I cough and sit up. "Is this the bitch Maya told Persephone and I about!?" W-What? "Yes?" I have no idea what to answer. Maya told them? "Put me down!" Celine struggles in Hayden's grip. "Not so tough now are ya!" Hayden spits in her face like Celine did with me. "I'll have you charged for this." Celine growls. "Go ahead. My family's lawyer will in contact with you for domestic abuse. "No!" I shout. "She can't go to jail!" Hayden stares at me, bewildered. Celine snickers. "You heard her. The bitch still loves me for some reason." It feels like smoke is coming out of my ears from shame and humiliation. Hayden tightens her grip on Celine's neck. "It's time you shut the hell up before I do it for you!" She snaps, lifting up her fist. "Hayden, stop!" She looks at me, anger burning in her eyes. I put my hand on her arm that's pulled back ready to punch Celine. "Please stop." Her arm goes limp by her side and she releases her hold on Celine who drops to the floor gasping for air. Hayden turns and leaves out my front door. Did I make her mad? "Are you ok, Celine?" I try to help her up. "Don't touch me!" She smacks my hand away. "You're hurting. Let me help you." I beg. "Come near me again and I'll hit you. I don't care if your girlfriend is out there either." Her voice is dark.

"She's not my girlfriend." Celine's threat goes over my head. "Please. Let me help you." I say again. She lunges at me and tackles me to the floor. "I SWEAR TO FUCKING GOD! IF YOU TOUCH HER I'LL KICK YOUR ASS!" Hayden is back and even angrier. Celine ignores her yell and punches me in the face. I hear a loud crack followed by immense pain. I cry out. "Lydia!" Maya? Celine is yanked off me and thrown to the floor. "BITCH!" Hayden and her start fighting for real this time.  "Sis!" Maya runs to me and helps me sit up. Blood drips to the floor. "Your nose!" She tilts my head forward and pinches my nostrils. Kai is trying to pry Hayden off of Celine but he's struggling. "Come on." We walk to the bathroom. Maya grabs a bunch of tissue and stuffs them up my nose. "I think it's sprained." She touches it and I flinch. "Maya! I need your help!" Kai shouts from the living room. She curses under her breath. "Stay here." I watch her leave the bathroom, the tissue in my nose quickly soaking with blood. Ten minutes later Maya comes back with scratches all over her arms. "Hayden.." She's right behind her. "Hey. Ha-ha. I beat her ass." It sounds like Hayden doesn't know what to say. I stay quiet, angry with her.

"Are you mad at me?" Her face is bleeding and one of her eyes is swollen. I stand up and take her hand before sitting her on the edge of the bathtub. "I'll leave you two alone." Maya walks out the bathroom.  "I'm sorry." Hayden apologizes. I say nothing as I clean up her cuts. "I really hate the silent treatment, Lydia. Please talk to me." She begs. "I told you to stop." I don't look at her. "I couldn't. I just got so angry when I saw her hurting you." She stares at her hands. I feel my nose throbbing even more. "And that gives you the right to hurt her?!" I snap. Hayden rubs her temples. "You don't seem to understand. She was beating you, Lydia. Did you honestly expect me to just sit there and watch her do it?" I grit my teeth. "I love her." Hayden scoffs. "Love? Ha. That's not love." She shakes her head. "What would you know about love?! For all I know you probably prey on every hot girl within a 2 foot radius!" I grab hold of her shirt. She stands up to her full height and I gulp, my grip on her shirt loosening. "Do I, Lydia?" Suddenly, she backs me against the bathroom door. My breathe hitches in my throat and I can't make eye contact with her anymore. What did I just get myself into?..