"I'll watch over him Davina," he assured me, "I promise. He will return to you. This is not the end for either of you, my little raindrop. I swear it."

*Avalon*

*Avalon*

Ryder and I were laying on the dock when he suddenly turned pale. I saw the black spidery vein on his arms and knew. The curse was here and it was starting to take hold. Ryder shook in my arms and cried out in pain as it crawled through his veins.

"Ryder...baby...it's okay...it'll be okay," I assured him.

"How do you know?" he asked, "No one knows what's waiting on the other side."

I didn't answer and he spoke again.

"I just...I wish it didn't have to be this way," he told me.

"I know," I replied as tears welled up in my eyes, "So do I."

The spidery veins went further up his arms and he winced in pain.

"Promise me something?" he asked.

"Anything," I replied.

"Promise me that you'll never stop loving me even though this curse is separating us," he told me.

"I promise," I vowed, "I love you."

"I love you too," he replied.

He was silent for a minute and then spoke again.

"You know...part of me feels like I deserve this...because of everything I did," he admitted.

"You don't deserve this Ryder," I told him, "No one deserves this."

"I wish I could've use my powers to fix this," he told me, "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, this wasn't something you could influence," I replied.

"It's going to get better," he assured me.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked.

"Because I know you...and I know you aren't going to just sit back and take this," he replied, "I know you're going to give Eris a beating. You owe her that much for what she's done."

"You know me so well," I said as I smiled through the tears.

And then the curse took hold and Ryder let out one final breath before his eyes closed and he fell unconscious in my arms. I sobbed into his chest. Then I heard a voice.

"I'm so sorry, little one."

I looked up and saw my Dad standing there. He looked crestfallen and I knew that he was just as upset about this whole thing as I was. He didn't want to lose Ryder either. Losing the Fates was going to be detrimental to us all.

"Daddy," I whispered.

I sat up and he wrapped his arms around me. He held me tightly. I hadn't called him 'Daddy' since I was a little girl, so he knew how much this situation was hurting me. He soothed me as I sobbed into his shoulder.

"It'll be okay," he whispered, "It'll be okay."

I just sat there for a moment, letting my tears soak his shirt. He didn't seem to care, although I doubted that he even noticed. As he held me, I thought about the Goddess that had caused all this. Eris. I truly hated her for what she had down and this was the final nail in her coffin.

"I want her to pay, Daddy," I admitted, "I want Eris to pay for what she did to me...to all of us."

"She will, little one," Dad assured me, "You'll make sure of it."

AN: Thanks for reading! Be sure to drop some comments and vote!

Also drop a comment if you're interested in joining my community for readers of these stories. You'll gain access to exclusive sneak peeks of the Fated Four series as well as future books. You can find the clickable link on my profile (it's at the bottom of my bio) or I can pm it to you. Hope to see you all there!