15

I wake up to Ben shaking me awake. "Get up Margaret! We need to get ready for today", he says,"and don't be worried about today you'll do a great job". Ben pats me on the back reassuringly while I slightly smile back, grateful for the support. This group has become my family and family stick together. 

We spend a half hour packing down camp, and then Ben explains the full plan as we once again gather around in a circle. 

"The plan today is to steal the Alpha and Luna's baby. Everyone will come searching for the baby once they realise she is lost; the few werewolves that come out here we will kill. Then, once we're ready to go my friend Jacob will pick us up in a jeep from this point", Ben says. 

"What are we doing with the baby?", I ask, feeling uncomfortable about taking a baby away from their parents. 

"We will be taking the baby in the jeep with us. We will not hurt the baby at this stage -  the baby is just there so we have an advantage. However, once we steal the baby we will have all werwolves looking for us - so they will be coming to us and fall in our traps", Ben says. 

"Now Clarrisa, Matthew and myself will be staying near the perimeter of the house and the land, making sure that no wolf suspects us and that when they come searching for the baby, they find us instead. Margaret and Joshua, you have the task of getting the baby. They should put it upstairs in the pack house for a nap around 2pm, so all you need to do is drug the baby sitter through using this dart", Ben says, holding up a dart he pulled out of his pocket. 

We all nod at this plan, and Ben hands us ear pieces and walky talkies to use during our 'mission'. At about 1pm, we head off to our positions, with Joshua and I heading straight for the pack house. 

"I don't know why we get this job, it's so unfair", grumbles Joshua. "Like, we're the ones actually kidnapping the baby, whereas they get to just stand around and beat up the ugly beasts."

"Shut up Joshua, we're getting close", I whisper to him, as we crouch behind a bush near the pack house. 

The pack house is lit up with fairy lights and it looks like a grand celebration. I can see maybe 2000 people on the lawn, chatting together and laughing. In the midst of all of them I see a couple wearing white, holding a baby also in white. They are glowing and are clearly the leaders of this pack. 

"We've found our baby", I say to Joshua, nodding my head towards the couple. He nods, agreeing with my finding. 

"So what do we do now? Just sit in a bush for 30 minutes and hope that werewolves with heightened senses don't find us? This is crazy," Josh says. 

"Then once again, shut up. Let's go hide in one of the pack rooms and just patiently wait for the baby to be put inside," I say, and we head to the back of the pack house and climb up to the second floor using a water pipe. Side note - I can't believe I can do that now! I am strongggg. 

"Look at me, I'm Miss. Muscles", I flex on Joshua once we both get into the room. Joshua rolls his eyes. 

I look around. The room we've climbed into is clearly a guest room - it's pretty bare, and there's only one bag full of clothes on the bed which looks like it's been just tossed onto the bed. But it's not the clothes that take my interest, but the smell of the clothes from the bag. The smell was recognisable; but I just couldn't seem to remember where I've smelt that before. 

"Dude, the baby will have been put in it's room now, let's go", says Joshua, and I nod at him, leaving this odd smell in the bedroom as we slowly open the door and move to the room the baby is in. When we get into the room, the baby is in the crib, with the babysitter hushing it to fall asleep. Before the baby-sitter sees us, Joshua shoots the dark into her neck; and as I see her start to collapse onto the ground I quickly grab her so that her body doesn't make a thump sound against the ground. I turn around and nod at Joshua, as he goes to grab the baby. 

But the baby starts crying as soon as he picks the baby up. 

"What the hell am I supposed to do with a crying baby? Everyone will hear it!" Joshua firmly whispers to me, his eyes darting wildly around until he thrusts the baby to me. 

"Here, you take care of it", he says. I go to protest - but as soon as the baby lands into my arms it stops whimpering and instead looks comfortable, relaxed. It's as if the baby trusts me. 

"Wow, that was easy. Now let's go!" Joshua says, and we go to escape down the stairs. Once we've got down the stairs we head to the back entrance of the pack house; and once we exit the building we run like hell.

We've only being running for 30 seconds when I hear loud commotion coming from behind me. A scream from a woman - who I instinctively know is the Luna - and the growls and roar from the pack and his Alpha. 

"We are being attacked!! Warriors, look for my daughter and protect our border guards!" I hear the Alpha yell behind me. After we hear this Joshua and I look at each other, worried about the army that is coming towards us and run even faster, if that was even possible. My legs are getting sore and I am breathing heavily, but I'm making sure that this baby is not getting hurt at all. 

Suddenly, a huge wolf jumps over my and Joshua's head and turns to face us, growly in our direction. The wolf is a large, black wolf - definitely an Alpha. Directly behind me, I can feel the presence of another wolf so I turn around. And I nearly pass out from what I see. 

It's Declan.