18

I'm walking back to the pack house that I just robbed a baby from, with said baby nestled within one of my arms and my free hand holding Declan's hand. 

I honestly have no idea what the hell is going on with my life. 

We walk in silence until we reach the clearing, which is about 50 metres from the pack house. I stop walking and look up at the looming house, reminding me of the looming repercussions of my actions from before. My head is telling me to put the baby in Declan's arms and run again - but my heart is telling me I need to stay. 

I listened to my head before when I ran away before. Let's give my heart a chance this time. 

Seeing my strained face, Declan reassuringly strokes my hand. 

"Everything will be alright. We'll sort everything out with Alpha Flynn; and maybe they'll even be grateful that you're bringing the baby back", Declan says, trying to smile down at me. I can tell deep down he's a little unsure though of what is going to happen next. 

When we finally approach the pack house I see Alpha Flynn and the Luna in the living room, pacing around. Clearly they have been out of their minds. Whoops. 

I lift my hand up to knock on the door, but just as I'm about to knock the two of them look up simultaneously at me. Seeing me with their baby in their arms makes them rush to the door, where they pull the door open. I hold their baby out with a meek smile, and the Luna immediately takes her and puts her into her arms. 

"Well", Declan says, "I think we have a few things to discuss". 

Both the Luna and Alpha look back, angrily. "You think?", Alpha Flynn snarks. "I don't even want her in my house! She's a werewolf hunter and worse, she kidnapped my baby!"

I put my hands up defensively. "I really am sorry about that. And I wasn't really going to steal your baby - I would've returned it. I'm not a completely horrible person."

"So, what were you planning on doing then?", the Luna asks. 

"Uhhh, I was going to figure it out as I went", I stumbled, "but I would've never hurt her. She's very well behaved as well, by the way. You've got a gem there!" I blabber on, hoping to flatten their anger. It didn't really work. 

"You're telling me my baby behaved well when you kidnapped her and we're supposed to forgive you!!", Alpha Flynn growled at me, his teeth flashing and eyes darkening. "If you think I'll ever let you near my baby, or my pack again, you're sorely mistaken you disgusting human".

At that, Declan growled back at the other Alpha. "Don't you dare speak to my mate like that", he growled back, his eyes darkening to match Flynn's eyes. 

"Your mate? That's a joke, clearly. Not only being mated with a weak human but with a horrible person. Clearly reflects you as a person, your pack, and your future."

And that made me mad. No one speaks to Declan like that. 

"Excuse me?", I growl back at Alpha Flynn. 

"Apologise RIGHT NOW", I roar at him, standing up straight to face him off. I can see him trying to physically ignore my demand. 

"I said NOW", I yell. 

At this demand, Alpha Flynn can no longer fight my dominance and says, with gritted teeth, "I'm sorry". His Luna has been watching all this, with the baby in her arms still. Her face is of utter shock - her mate, the Alpha, has just been dominated by a female human. I still don't know how I'm doing it, but may as well lean into it. 

"So", I say sweetly, changing my demeanour entirely, "would you so kindly let me and Declan in so we can have a bit of a chat?"

The two look at each other, knowing they cannot do anything to ignore my request, so step backwards so that the doorway is no longer blocked. 

"Thank you kindly", I say, walking into the doorway. As I pass by the Luna, the baby within her arms reaches out to touch me. She grabs my shirt and looks up into my eyes, and starts to smile. I smile back, pat her head lightly and then continue through the house to the living room, where I plonk myself onto a couch. 

"So, sorry, what is your name?", I ask the Luna of the pack, sick of referring to her as 'Luna' in my head. 

"Kylie", she says hesitantly, still scared from the fact that I a) borrowed her baby and b) was able to overpower her Alpha mate. 

"It is lovely to meet you, I apologise that it is not under better circumstances", I smile at her and reach my hand to touch her arm, trying to reassure her that I will not harm her. Her mate growls at me when I touch her, but Kylie does not resist much touch - she actually seems much Moree relaxed after I touched her arm in comfort. Interesting. 

"I really am sorry about taking your baby. It was thoughtless and stupid, on all levels. Please accept my sincerest apologies", I say, looking Kylie directly in the eye. I can see she's confused as to why, but she is no longer angry at the incident. 

Kylie nods her head at me, wanting to make it clear that she understands. And then for some strange reason, she starts to talk to me without me pushing her. 

"I've only been the Luna of this pack for a few months", she says, "I'm actually from the Maple Pack. I met Felix when I travelled here to read some history books that this pack had on the werewolf history. I mean, we hear stories from elders but we don't have a decent, straight forward book on our history. And so I thought why couldn't I be the one to do it? And if the book was successful it could even be a movie or a cool TV show to show the packs and -"

"Why are you so relaxed, Kylie!? That human stole our baby!", Felix interrupts, who is standing behind the couch that Kylie is sitting.

"You yell way too much Mr. Felix, it's annoying me. And I don't like when people interrupt unless that person is me", I say calmly, "I request that you sit down next to your mate and stop roaring in my ear, please". 

He is still clearly physically fuming, but he comes to sit down, protectively putting an arm on his mate's leg. Kylie, who has been studying me during my conversation with Felix, turns around to him calmly. 

"Can't you feel her aura, her energy? The way Bethany instantly connected to her? That isn't coincidence - wolf babies only trust their pack, and this woman isn't a part of it", she says bluntly to her mate. 

"I like you Kylie", I smile. "I don't know what you're going on about with this aura shit, but I appreciate the support".

Kylie smiles at me, even though I've interrupted her. Declan, who was still standing up during this ordeal in a protective stance seems to think things have calmed down enough to sit next to me opposite the couple. 

"Anyways", Kylie says, "this woman is clearly not human, but she also clearly isn't a threat. But she isn't a friend."

"Not a threat? Would you like me to remind you for the millionth time what has happened today regarding this small girl", Alpha Felix says, quieter now but still somewhat aggressive. 

"She is not a girl, she is a grown woman! Show her some damn respect", Declan growls at Felix, obviously getting annoyed at the lack of respect. Whilst it annoys me too, I'm more interested in what Kylie has to say. Out of instinct to calm Declan down, I put a hand on top of his own, which seems to do the trick as I see him physically relax straight away. 

"So, if I'm not a threat, or a friend, what am I?", I ask, honestly confused as to what this woman is on. Aren't I just an awesome stranger?

Kylie's eyes gleamed as she spoke. 

"I think", she said slowly, "that you are family".