8 - Caught by the wolf

I freeze and decide to pretend I didn't hear anything, but slowly drift into the middle of the lake.

Ok Mina, one little push at a time. Slow, slow, slow, slow. I hear another growl but just continue on. By my instincts I can tell I'm nearly there. Keep going, Mina. When I finally reach the middle of the lake I realise I don't have any other plan. Are wolves scared of the water? Gee, I desperately hope so. So..what do I do now?

You are safe, Mina. Just stay here. Where did that voice come from again? Well I've got nothing to loose so I'll just do what the voice says.

Now, just close your eyes and stay here. You are in no danger. Once again, I just follow what the voice says.

I've been lying here for about 10 minutes and I'm getting really relaxed. The water is so refreshing and soothing. Ahhhhh.

And then I feel a little wave of water rock my up and some water got smashed into my face. And I instantly stiffened. This is it, I'm going to die, I'm going to die, it's coming to eat meeeee!!!!!!

And then someone grabs my arm and I stop floating and start kicking and screaming.

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!! Get off me, I want to live! I'm only 18, I have a life! Let go of me!" I scream while I hit the creature who has grabbed my arm.

"Ehhh, stop kicking me!" This creature groans. The creature talks...? I stop for a second, and start to look up to see it's not a creature...it's a human! And a guy!

I haven't seen his face yet but I already start talking.

"Omg, thank the Lords! I was..kidnapped and I ran away! I've become lost, please help me! I need your help!"

"I can help you, mate" he says. Oh no, no no no no! Please, not..

He grabs my chin and lifts my eyes up to his, and my suspicions are confirmed. Declan's face is impassive but a small smirk is showing on the edges of his lips. When he sees my horror his smirk deepens.

" I can definitely help you, my little mate" he says, and grabs my hips, pushing my body flush up against him.