14

"Wake up!!! What are the two of you doing, we're supposed to leave in 20 minutes!" Clarissa yells at Joshua and I, who have fallen asleep on top of each other. I hazily wake up to see my head is lying on his chest and his arm hangs loosely around me, feeling like a form of protection against Clarissa's yelling. I'm surprised to find that I actually enjoy this form of physical contact - however, there is an unnerving feeling in the pit of my stomach about me being in this position with Joshua. 

I quickly spring up out of Joshua's arms and off the couch as soon as I fully realise what's going on. 

"Ugghhhh, I'll go change and finish packing now!! I will be so fast!" I say as I dash past a bemused Clarissa and a still half-asleep Joshua. I run to my room, quickly grabbing all the clothes I have (which is not many) into a duffel bag. Once that's done I have ten minutes to spare so I quickly go into the bathroom to have a shower. 

I'm definitely going to miss having proper, homely showers, I think to myself as I wash my hair. I have no idea how long we're going to be gone, so I have to prepare myself to not be back here for a while. Whilst bathing in my thoughts, I hear the slight opening of the bathroom door. 

"I'm in here!! In the shower!" I yell, hoping that whoever it is gets the message. 

"Oooo", I hear Joshua say. "Can I join?" he asks. 

"Hell no! Good try, now get out!" I yell again, and he just cackles and walks away, leaving me thankful that there was a curtin blocking his view. I knew Joshua was annoying - just didn't realise he'd be annoying like that. No one disturbs my showers!! I finally get out and put on the clean clothes I laid out for myself - a pair of black workout leggings and a tank top. When I leave the bathroom, I head downstairs and meet everyone at the front door. I see Joshua smirk at me and I lowly growl back. 

"Okay, now that we're all ready, let's go!" Clarissa says chirpily, gesturing us to leave the house. I follow behind Ben to the door, and look behind me one last time at the house. Goodbye house, I think, thanks for letting me escape my nightmare of a life slightly for a while

Once out of the house, Ben directs us all towards the woods. 

"Okay guys, so we are going to head North and I'll lead the way. Our informants have given us information that there should be a werewolf pack about 8 hours walk from here.", Ben says, "so the plan is to get fairly close, set up camp for the night and plan for our attack the next day."

"Wait, just 5 of us are going to attack an entire pack! That's ridiculous, packs can have like 1000 members!" Joshua exclaims; and this knowledge strikes fear in me. I do not want to be mauled to death by some wolfs that I've explicitly escaped from. 

"No, of course not. We will plan how to attack a couple at a time, and then move on," Ben says, and beckons us to follow him as he starts walking north.  

PHEW! Now let's just hope the werewolves we bump into 1) don't hurt us and 2) aren't Declan. 

We walk for hours on end, mostly in silence. In front of me is Clarrisa, and directly behind me is Matthew; with Joshua in the rear. We stop for lunch about 4 hours in, which consists of a can of salmon each, yummm. 

Finally, at sundown, we get to a spot which Ben deems close enough to be convenient for tomorrow's adventures but far enough away that we will not be spotted or detected by the nearby pack.  Once we set up a little camp for the night, we cook dinner (which is pasta) and sit around a circle.

"Okay gang, the plan for tomorrow is here!" Ben exclaims, and Clarissa claps in excitement. I can't feel excitement; all I feel is fear. I look over to Joshua to sense his reaction, and all I see his a grimace. Interesting, somehow I don't seem to be the only one somewhat hesitant to partake. I know why I am, but why is Joshua?

"Tomorrow is apparently the celebration of the Alpha's mate officially becoming Luna of the Sundown pack, one of the biggest and strongest packs in the world. This means there will be more visitors from other packs-" Ben begins.

"WHAT! Why are we attacking a pack when it has more werewolves around than normal!?" Joshua interjects, which Ben returns with an annoyed look on his face. 

"The reason is, pretty much everyone there will be distracted by the celebrations. That means, it'll be easier for us to take out a couple of wolves without anyone noticing; and then when it's too late we'll be gone. The aim of tomorrow is to not attack a whole pack, just a couple. pack members. We want to make all the packs at the venue anxious about their own packs and safety.  Tomorrow is mostly about scaring. What we do will make an impact, but this is only one part of a whole scheme."Ben says. "Any questions?", he asks us, looking directly at me. 

We all shake our heads, understanding that we will get further instructions when we get up tomorrow. We spend an hour more around the fire and then everyone heads to bed, knowing that tomorrow will be a huge day. 

As I lay down on the ground trying to sleep I think about tomorrow and what I'm expected to do. I am a part of this group, but I can't shake the feeling inside me that I cannot be a part of this tomorrow. But why do I feel this way? Werewolves shouldn't exist; they can terrorise the world. That is too much power. 

And with that thought I fall asleep.