16

Well, not human Declan - werewolf Declan. Since the day I saw his wolf, I could never forget it. His wolf has been forever in my dreams - taunting me, as if I made the wrong choice that fateful day. 

I stare directly in Declan's werewolf eyes, and he stares right into my eyes, and it feels like he's looking directly into my soul. Through his eyes I can see he is bewildered, shocked and confused to see me. I think I also sense a lot of hurt radiating off of him, too. This hurts me, too; but I don't know why I feel this reaction to a guy that previously kidnapped me - but I need to block that feeling out in order to survive. Declan's eyes briefly flash from me to Joshua - who is holding my hand; as he grabbed it in fright, and to show strength when the other Alpha first approached us. When Joshua did this I felt a sense of calm from the stressful situation we were in but now that Declan is looking directly at our entwined fingers it makes me feel uncomfortable with the physical contact. Declan sees this and growls lowly, distrust and anger in his eyes. 

The Alpha that is now behind me growls at me, which makes me turn around to face him side-on, so that I can see both him and Declan. The Alpha is slowly coming closer to Joshua and I, acting like we are his prey and he is about to pounce - but he clearly wants to make sure his baby isn't hurt in the process. 

And that means we have a fighting chance to get out of here alive. 

"Look, we won't hurt the baby if you don't hurt us", I say to the baby's Father, beaconing with my head to the baby that rests in the nook of my arm. The baby, a female, looks up at everyone with wide eyes; but does not seem too bothered or stressed by the situation or the fact that she has been in my arms while I've sprinted for my life. 

Then I hear a few bones breaking behind me, and then the voice of the man I could never forget and have thought about every day since leaving him. 

"Mina, I do not know what you are doing but you cannot take Alpha Flynn's baby", he says calmly, holding his arms out as he takes a hesitant step forward. Clearly he distrusts me, but seems to have put that aside for the baby's sake. 

"Who's Mina?", Joshua asks, looking between me and Declan in confusion. "Do you know this werwolf Margaret?". 

"Uh....he's the werewolf that kidnapped me", I say to Joshua. I told my new little family the story of how I was kidnapped, but I never explained the connection Declan said me and him had. 

"Firstly, I did not kidnap you! Stop going on about that. You fainted and I took you back to the pack house - if you'd wanted to leave after you'd recovered I would have. You were just so freaked out about werewolves that you ran", Declan exclaimed, anger clearly rolling off of him, "and imagine my surprise when I wake up in the forest after chasing you, and then protecting you from vampires - who just disappeared and in their place was simple ashes, by the way - just for you, my mate, to disappear into thin air? You abandoned me."

Declan is fuming now. I can clearly see this comes from a place of hurt and anguish at me for not only running and disappearing, but not accepting him. Josh is standing there, confusion and awe on his face. Alpha Flynn, still in wolf form, stands there watching the scene unfold looking angry of course but quite unsure of what is going on and what he should do. 

Whilst I was so engrossed by Declan's outpour of anger, more wolves have surrounded us. There are about 12 of them, growly at Joshua and I and looking at the baby. 

This situation is annoying me and was not meant to happen! This was supposed to be clean cut and I was NOT supposed to face the situation I ran away from in the first place!

"What was I supposed to do!", I yell at Declan, my eyes shooting furious daggers at him, "I meet you and straight away you're telling me I'm 'yours' and that we are meant to be and that you are a werewolf!"

I am so angry now, and I start filling with heat and I stare Declan down, with him staring right back at me. I see the other wolves but somehow, I'm not afraid of them. 

I can however feel Joshua's fear at this situation. He's let go of my hand now so I have both arms firmly wrapped around Alpha Flynn's baby. 

"I just want to be NORMAL and live my life!" I scream, and everyone around me, even the wolves, seem to flinch. I'm now acting on pure instinct as my feelings and rage fuel my actions. I see some of the wolves slowly moving closer to me

"No one DARE come closer to me. Stop wherever you are", I growl at the wolves around me. Suddenly, all their secretive moving has stopped, and all the wolves aren't moving. They look to each other in confusion, clearly unsure of why they're being forced to listen to me. 

I'm confused too, but I'm so angry that this thought is just at the back of my mind. 

"Good. Now, let me have some space. I'm leaving", I say, and Joshua, still looking confused, starts to follow me, "but not with you. By myself. I am not aiding in kidnapping a baby. Wolves, you may take Joshua as a prisoner but treat him well and do not hurt him."

The wolves move towards Joshua, with two wolves shifting to grab either of his arms. 

"Why are you doing this!?", Joshua yells at me, "who are you?!"

"I'm just an ordinary girl", I say, "but I also think you and I can do way better than kidnapping babies. Now, I'll be back soon."

I start to walk away, and I hear the growl of Alpha Flynn behind me. His growl angers me, but I also understand his anger as I am still holding his child and walking away with her. 

"Relax, I'll be back with your baby", I call out over my shoulder. 

And so I walk away with the baby from Joshua and a group of werewolves and continue to walk deeper and deeper into the forest to try and find some peace and quiet.