Chapter 9: I Wasn't Expecting That!

I know that Anthony’s a vegan in real life, but for all intents and purposes, he will not be in this story. And just a reminder, this story is slash, which means that Ian and Anthony will eventually be together and will kiss, hug, and even quite possibly have sexual contact. If you have any problem with that at all, this is NOT the story for you. Thanks! :)

Ian was surprised that Anthony wasn’t angry about the meeting. After all, he seemed to be royally pissed whenever anyone at all assumed — or even joked — about the two of them homosexual. But if he was angry about it, he never said anything about it. Instead, Anthony smiled more and held Audrina and talked to her. Ian could hardly believe it. 

“You know,” Anthony had said on the plane ride home, “this may not be so bad, after all. I mean, I think I can do this. We can do this, Ian.” 

Ian was too stunned to respond. 

“Seriously,” Anthony continued, “I actually feel so much better about this. The meeting helped so much — well, besides them thinking we were gay and all. But that’s okay. They won’t say anything. And it’s like you said, Audrey has no one at all. We can be there for her, Ian. And hell, maybe she can carry on Smosh once we’re too fucking old to be funny.” 

Ian’s smile grew bigger and bigger with each word. “I’m so glad you feel that way about it, Anthony. She needs us…badly.” 

Anthony glanced down at the sleeping baby in Ian’s arms. “She’s a good kid. She just needs someone to love her. So why not us?” 

But that was only the beginning of Anthony’s change of heart.

Once the three of them arrived home to the Smosh house, Ian went to put Audrina down for a nap. She’d fallen in and out of sleep on the plane and he knew that she had to be exhausted. Once she was asleep, he’d left her nursery and was met with the strong smell of tomato sauce and meat sizzling in their kitchen.

“What is that?’ he asked, coming in and taking a big whiff. Standing at the stove was Anthony, stirring a saucepan of beef and tomato sauce. Bubbling beside it was a big kettle of spaghetti noodles. 

Anthony shrugged. “Thought you guys might be hungry…so I decided to make food.” 

Ian grinned. “Thanks, man. I’m starving, actually. And Audrina’s asleep right now, but I’m sure she’ll be awake by the time it’s ready. If not, I’ll just wake her up. She shouldn’t sleep all afternoon, anyway.” 

Anthony nodded. “Sounds good.” 

“Is there anything I can help you with?” Ian asked. 

Anthony paused for a moment. “Not that I can think of. Just sit down and check Twitter or something.” 

Ian chuckled, sitting down on the sofa. He took his phone out of his pocket and a thought crossed his mind. He didn’t want to forget how cute and domestic Anthony looked at this moment, so he secretly snapped a photo or two.

“Shows the fans, huh?” Anthony asked, eyes still on the phone.

Ian looked up. “What do you mean?”

“They always say we can’t cook. Well, I think this proves that I can,” Anthony turned and grinned.

Ian sat his phone on the coffee table in front of him. “So what you’re saying is that you can cook, but I can’t?” 

Anthony shrugged. “Maybe so.” He slid some oven mitts on and opened the door of the oven. 

Ian shook his head. “No, no. That’s not true and you know it. Just because you’re cooking right now and I’m not means nothing. I can cook. In fact, you’ve eaten my food and survived. I’ll cook next time.”