Chapter 2: She's Not Ours!

Ian’s jaw was on the floor when he glanced up at Anthony, who seemed a little unfazed at what had just transpired. 

“Uh…dude,” Ian tried, clearing his throat. 

“Yeah?” Anthony asked coolly. 

Ian frowned. “That…Kara just left her kid here.” 

Anthony nodded. “Yeah.” 

“And you’re fine with it?” Ian asked, furrowing his brow. 

His best friend shrugged. “Well, she’ll be back in a few hours.” 

“What if she doesn’t?” 

“She will,” Anthony replied. 

Ian sighed. “Suppose she doesn’t?” 

Anthony didn’t answer. He merely sat back down on their sofa, unpausing his game and settling back into his previous routine. 

Dumbfounded, Ian glanced down at the baby. Her big blue eyes were staring up at him sadly. 

“Amazing,” Ian murmured. 

“What?” Anthony asked, eyes still glued to the screen. 

Ian kneeled down in front of the baby girl. “She hasn’t cried since she got here…and her mom just left her. With strangers!” 

Again, Anthony did not reply. 

Ian glimpsed at her again, noticing how her eyes bore directly into his. When she blinked, he noticed her long brown eyelashes. She was a beautiful little girl, that was for sure. 

“You think maybe…,” Ian trailed off, coughing, “maybe she actually is one of ours?” 

Anthony’s jaw tightened. “Don’t say that, Ian. You know she isn’t.” 

Ian stood up. “But you said yourself that you don’t know what happened that night. And let’s just face it, Anthony, both of us woke up in that bed with her. It could’ve been either of us. And the dates match up perfectly.” 

Anthony shook his head. “No dude, that isn’t possible. Look, I doubt anything even happened that night.” 

Ian swallowed hard. “Anthony, I woke up with ass pain. And I don’t think it was from a girl.” 

Anthony glared at him before throwing the controller down. “Don’t. Even. Fucking. Talk. Like. That,” he said angrily through gritted teeth. 

Before Ian could reply, the doorbell rang again. Anthony gave him a smug grin before prancing over to the door. 

He threw it open, spitting, “now take your damn-“ but he stopped short. Opening it all the way, he revealed their normal pizza guy, Brock. 

Brock was a really tall, burly guy with dark hair and eyes. He was also always high from his constant Marijuana use. How he kept a job was beyond the Smosh boys. 

“Take my what?” Brock asked, eyes glassy. 

“N-never mind,” Anthony stuttered, reaching into his pocket for a tip. 

“Hey!” Brock exclaimed, “who’s that?!” He pointed to the little girl on their floor. 

Anthony shoved five bucks into his hands, snatched the pizza away from him, and then shut the door. 

Ian chuckled, giving Anthony a smug grin of his own. “Yeah Anthony, who is that?” 

Anthony rolled his eyes, slamming the pizza boxes onto the table. “Just fucking eat.”