Chapter 15: Turn Down for What?

Chapter 15

Cassidy

*Caution: Read at own risk. Unedited*

"I've never really been to like a party party," I tell Lace as we walk up to the house of this Christmas party.

It's a big house. Way bigger than mine. It's fashioned with strobe lights and various different color lights. There's people sitting on the porch talking and drinking and there's loud music playing from inside.

At first I wasn't going to come but after everything with Jace we kind of just came to a conclusion of not watching Jaden together like already planned. I was just going to stay at home but Lace insisted that I come and really gave me no other option. So she came over to my house to get ready and to dress me. Again.

So now we're at this party about to walk in. I'm wearing an awfully short dress that Lace found at the back of my closet. It's red with a cut out in the back. The dress barely makes it to my finger tips and is sleeveless. Lace put me in some black heels that aren't that high. Only a couple inches and she curled my hair in beach waves she said.

Lace is wearing a red skater skirt with a white tank top that says "love." Her heels are way higher than mine and I don't know how she can bare to stand let alone walk in them. Her hair is up in a sleek ponytail that I desperately wish she would have styled my hair.

"Aye ladies," some of the boys sitting on the porch of the house say to us as we walk in. I look to them and my face heats up so I begin to look towards the ground.

Lace reaches for my hand and says, "Watch it boys," as she guides us in the house. I can almost feel her glare leaking through her voice.

The music is blaring. I can feel it vibrate through my body mixing with my heartbeat.

"Welcome to your first party," Lace turns to me and says with a smile on her face.

We walk to the back going to the kitchen where there are various drinks and alcohol. Lace fixes herself some concoction with alcohol in it. When she's finished she takes a sip then nods her head in approval.

"You want a drink or you want water?" Lace looks up to ask me.

"Water's fine," I say happy she's not pressuring me to drink like many others probably would do.

She passes me a bottle of water and I unscrew the cap taking a sip.

"So what do we do?" I ask Lace.

She smiles back. She looks like she knows something I don't. But then again I've never been to this real of a typical movie scene party. Then she says, "Dance!" Wriggling her eyebrows at me. She takes another sip out of her red cup then grabs my hand and leads us out of the kitchen.

We go to the living room where there's a couple making out on the couch. Some girl dancing on a table, who looks awfully drunk. A lot of people are dancing and grinding on each other along the walls and I can already tell this is most definitely not my scene.

Lace starts to dance to the music. It's not a slow song but it's not one of those club bangers songs. I try to keep up a two step with Lace but she's clearly more of a dancer than me.

"Have fun! Let lose! Nobody'll remember tomorrow," she tells me then takes a sip of her drink. Well it was a really big sip.

I give her a weak smile and try to get more into the rhythm of the music. She sways her hips perfectly with the beat that is now slowing down and I try to follow her. Then she closes her eyes and lets my hand go as the beat goes into a slow song. She moves to the rhythm and I try hard to look relax but I really want to go home. Then some guy comes up behind her. He grabs her hips and she dances along to him. I leave after a few minuets.