Chapter 8: The Wrong Girl

A/N:

Sorry it's a little short but I just wanted to throw something at y'all to get your heads spinning. I'm not gonna say anything more you just have to read.

Enjoy loves. *hehehe*

Chapter 8

Jace

The Georgia air felt unusually warm today. It's almost December. Which means exams are right around the corner. Also Christmas is coming. I don't know how I'm going to do Christmas this year. With Jaden living with me now, everything's different. Everything is harder. I'm not complaining or anything. I'm happy to be with my brother all the time like it's supposed to be but I'm not going to lie, it's a lot more than what I asked for.

"You got your book bag?" I ask Jaden. We're at his school. I drop him off at his school and then I go to my school now. It's starting to become routine. I still ride my motorcycle. Jaden just takes his helmet to school because there is no way I'm having him ride on this motorcycle without one again. He likes riding on my motorcycle too. He's actually the reason why I got a two seater motorcycle in the first place.

Jaden gives me a curt nod from the question I just asked. "Got your lunch?" Another curt nod. "Got yourself?" A giggle this time.

"Jace," he says smiling. I asked him the same questions yesterday and got the same reaction. Doing this before he goes into the building seems to lighten up the mood. That's what we need. Especially now since so much serious stuff has been going on.

"What I'm just makin' sure we got everything," I say to him innocently.

"We got everything," he says giving me his famous curt nod once again.

"Alright. Have a good day." He gives a cheeky smile then turns around to go up the stairs of the school. I put my helmet back on and get on my motorcycle and drive away.

I enter into the parking lot of my school and find a park up close. I've been getting to school earlier now so it's easier to find a good park.

I walk up the stairs to find Collin on the steps. Finally for once he isn't making out with a girl acting M.I.A. when I want slash need to talk to him.

"Sup Jace. How that date go?" He asks me giving me some dap. Then I'm brought back to yesterday.

Everything about yesterday races to my mind. Her laugh, her smile, the faint country accent to her voice. The blush she gets when she's nervous, her wanting to help out with everything. Being so understanding. But mostly her lips. How they felt pressed against mine. They felt safe wrapped against mine. Like I was taken away from everything going on around me. Usually kisses with these other girls are fast and hungry with want. But Cassidy's was slow and sensual with passion. It was like it was just us in the world right then and I could get lost in the moment.

Then I remember I was asked a question. "Ahh...it was good," I tell him nonchalantly.

He rises up one eyebrow at me like he knows something I don't. Like he knows that the date was more than just good.

"You sure it was just good? Because it looked like you were just daydreamin' for a minuet there."

I nod my head confessing, "It went real good, alright. I think we might have somethin'."

"So what happened?" he asks me. I know he could care less about the details of the date and how I think I didn't screw this one up. He wants to know how many bases I ran with her.

So I think about how I'm going to answer him. I shrug my shoulders and lick my lips. But that was enough for Collin to know that there wasn't much of anything going on between Cassidy and me last night.