The Butterfly Effect Part 4

Justin was sitting on the couch, just thinking about what had happened like hours ago. It was just yesterday Him and Lance were Laughing with the Guys, having fun, eating snacks, messing around. He couldn't believe that his best friend, and bandmate, were gone. He was Just staring at the wall, trying to Process what happened. 

Brian and the other Backstreet boys were there, because they knew what it was like to lose a band member... and Friend. Brian Sat next to Justin,looking at the wall with him.

" That must a pretty interesting Wall there Justin. " Brian said to the Curly Haired teen. 

" First Nick... now Lance.." was only Justin said before he jumped off the couch and ran to the kitchen, and Hugged JC. Brian watched and sighed, getting up and walking over to where they all were. 

JC was a bit confused, but due to recent events, he hugged him back. " This is About Lance Isn't it?" he asked. 

" Partly... Jc... I just want you to know, that You're my third best friend, and I Like you being here, You're like a Brother to me" he hugged him tightly. 

Brian watched them, and got a flashback from a year ago.

"Nick! I am not that short and you need to chill!" 

" Brian!" He saw Nick Grab onto the Curtain, Brian ran over, but wasn't fast enough to escape the fate of his Band member, and Best Friend. 

" Briaaannn!!" he could hear Nick screaming as he fell. 

Brian watched it all happen in slow Motion. He reached out his hand, trying to catch the Taller Blond, but just wasn't fast enough. 

He could see it in Nicks eyes. Before he was angry, then scared. He was very scared. All Brian saw was a Child, a young child that was broken, one that did not deserve that push. 

Nick was Very Broken, and needed help. But Brian was angry, and he wished he would've helped instead of letting his anger control him.

" Brian?" Kevin was lightly shaking him. Brian had spaced out, and shook his head, a few tears in his eyes. " Yeah Kev?"

" Is everything okay" Kevin asked. Now Brian wasn't one to lie, so he didn't. 

" Just... thinking about Nick.." he said his voice cracking a bit. 

Kevin wrapped his arms around his short cousin and hugged him. " We all do every now and Then Bri... But we have to stay strong. I know, It's been a year now, but we always need to stay strong, but It's okay to cry sometimes. If you want to just let it out, you can. No one will Blame you" Kevin Explained with his older cousin wisdom. " I mean Look at Justin"

They Looked over at Justin, who was Sobbing uncontrollably, while Hugging Jc, Jc stroking his curls.

Brian sighed and wiped away his tears. " I know.. Kev.. I just- i shouldn't have pushed him. He needed me, he needed us, and I just Pushed him.."

" I know, and I know you feel Guilty, but Blaming yourself over and Over again, Isn't gonna make him come back, and you know that"

" It's just hard Kevin, You know how hard it is. We've been with Nick like Four whole years, and I just feel like, I betrayed him.. I said I wouldn't hurt him, that I wouldn't- That I wouldn't yell and Fight with him. I said I would protect him. What I did was the opposite  of all that"

" Brian, Listen. You were angry, and you let it take over you, it happens to the best of us. Yes You shouldn't have done that, But none us hate you for it, and yes we all miss Nick,but he's gone Bri.. I'm sorry.." 

There were no words after that, Kevin had walked away, and Brian turned around to see the Figure of Nick looking at him, a sad look on his face. 

" He doesn't care about me does he..?" The Ghostly figure said. 

" Of course he does, he's just trying to stay strong and set an example for the rest of us that's all it is" Brian answered. 

The Ghostly figure was at the window, and Brian was walking closer.

" Maybe I should've never joined, then you guys wouldn't have these problems!" it said and faded away. 

" wait no Nick!" Brian ran to the window, but before he fell through, Joey grabbed the back of his shirt, and pulled him back.

" Don't worry Nick, I swear I Will Protect you, no matter the costs"

" Jeez Brian You sound like I'm your Girlfriend"

" Well your Parents made me promise, So I am"

" But you didn't say, You promise" Fourteen year old Nick smirked. 

Brian chuckled. " Okay... I promise to Protect you, No matter what" he ruffled his hair. 

" Hey" Nick laughed. 

Brian sighed. He was trying, but he couldn't help get over the fact, that the ghostly figure was around him all the time. It was there during Lance's Death, as if it knew what was gonna happen.

Brian just couldn't put his finger on it. Maybe it was causing this. He noticed that the Figure, Seemed to take form of Nick, but maybe it was just Fooling those who saw it. Maybe it was To make him think it was Nick so he would feel worse, but like Kevin said, he had to be strong, and he would be. For Nick, he had to be.