Chapter Three

Chapter Three

When Dumbledore also went on his way, Harry sank in his bed, thoroughly exhausted. He was almost fast asleep when he heard tapping on the window. He stood up and opened it. It was an owl. On her leg, there were some letters, which Harry recognized. They were the letters he hadn't had the chance to open at Privet Drive. He released the owl of her burden and sat on the bed. He picked the first letter and saw that it was from the Magical Law Enforcement Department. He opened it and read,

Dear Mr Potter,

We are writing to you in the matter of Sirius Black's Will, which was supposed to be read at third of July. As we couldn't contact you, it wasn't read, but we copied it and we sent it to you. You can find it in the envelope. As you are the main heir of Mr Black's fortune and as you were his godson, you are also the heir of all his possessions, which are given from a father to son.

We are sorry for your loss!

May the Gods grant you gold,

Hornclip,

The Black Family Account Manager

Gringotts Wizarding Bank

Harry sat there, a great lump making itself in his throat. He shuffled with the envelope and put out the Will. He read it through and found himself staring at it, tears freely pouring down his face.

'Sirius? Sirius, can you hear me?' Harry desperately sent to his dead godfather. There was a moment's silence and all of sudden he heard Sirius's voice.

'Harry?!? What... How... Why...'

'Sirius, please calm down or I'll have to finish the connection and then I think I'll be too exhausted to put it on again.'

'Okay, okay... I'm calm... HOW IN THE HELL SHOULD I CALM DOWN? CALM DOWN HE SAYS! WHERE ARE YOU?!?'

'Sirius, please, I don't want to lose my ears! I'm in the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts...'

'Why are you in the Hospital Wing? Is something wrong?' Sirius's a little calmer voice was heard in Harry's head.

'Well, I am alright now. But I wasn't before.'

'What happened?'

'The Dursleys happened.'

'What did they do?'

'Beat me up...'

'WHAT?!? THOSE SLIMY... THOSE FILTHY... THOSE... THOSE... I'D KILL THEM, IF I COULD!!!'

'Sirius, please, it's okay now, I'm gone from there! Remus and Snape picked me up and brought me here.'

'Oh. Snape brought you here. That's a miracle... Snape willing to help you, that is.'

'Yeah, I know. You should hear them though, how they gasped when I called them.'

'Why?'

'I called them in their minds...'

'Like the telepaths can do?'

'Exactly like that.'

'But you aren't a telepath...'

'I am now.'

There was a shocked silence and Sirius said, 'How can you be a telepath? You can't just gain the power, you must inherit it...'

'Well, I kind of did inherit it. You see, some people came to me on my birthday... Well, I went to them, truth to be told.'

'You know, this is getting stranger and stranger.'