Chapter Nine

Once they were back at the castle, Harry closed himself in his room and went over the books he bought. He pulled out some parchment and started on his last essay he was to do over the summer. He transfigured his writing desk in a short large table, as he saw in a Chinese book he got a glimpse of, when Dudley had to write a research on Chinese culture for school. He conjured a cushion, made himself comfortable and started writing. It seemed easier to write than before and Harry made a decision it was because of his shared knowledge with the Founders and Merlin. When he finished, he lay on the bed and opened the book, he found in Diagon Alley. He opened the book, which had his name on it.

Hello, my dear son, read the first paragraph and Harry made a double take.

I see you have found the book, or should I say the book found you. It was charmed to be found by you, after you found out about your true parentage. This book is also charmed to automatically fill itself with all the new knowledge you gain. You will see, it already contains many things. It contains your knowledge from Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Merlin. It also contains your knowledge from the past five years at Hogwarts. I know you're a Gryffindor and I am proud of you, my son. Remember I love you, and that it's not your fault I died. I died because I wanted you to live, because I knew of the prophecy Sybill made. Dumbledore wasn't aware of that, that I knew its full meaning, as I dreamt about it and it appeared in my dream from the day it was made. Yes, James, you can talk to him too... Sorry about that, it's just that James wants to talk to you... write to you...

Hey, kiddo! How are you? Bet your mum is boring, hmm? Well, that's how she always is, when she talks about something serious. Boring. But let's not talk about her for the moment. I just wanted you to know I love you even if you're the git's son. Sorry, Lils. Snape's son. You are like my son, and I don't care of your surname. I was hoping to be able to raise you myself, but now I see that old Snivellus has the ability. Not that I'm mad at it, on the contrary. I am happy that you can live somewhere else as the Dursleys you had to live with. I hate those gits! Sorry, Lils. She's watching what I write behind my back, so I can't write nothing inappropriate. Phew, she finally decided to trust me with my words... after I swore to her on my mother's grave that I won't brag to you about Sni... Snape. I can see you now. Not now as in now, but as a cute little baby that sleeps in my lap and sucks his little finger. You are such a cute baby. You look a lot like Snape, but I know it's only a matter of minutes that you will look like me. You know, we always knew we won't be able to look after you. You see, we knew we'll die the moment the prophecy was made. Okay, okay... I leave you to Lils now. You just decided to pee in your diapers, so I have to go change them.

Hi, Harry, it's me again. Now that your dad is out of the way, I have something to tell you. I know what you're trying to do. Mixing the Killing Curse with the Curse of Soul. It won't work properly if you don't add another charm in it. It's your greatest strength and his greatest weakness. Yes, I'm talking about love. That night, when he took your blood, as he was resurrected, he also got some of the feelings. He didn't have them before, so you can use it to your advantage. I have to go now, sweetie. Tell Severus I miss him, and that I now know what he does. Tell him I'm sorry...

Lily Potter, @-.-'--

James Potter

Harry felt his tears flowing down his cheeks again. He felt drowsy and decided to go to sleep. Just before he closed his eyes, he emptied his mind, so that he wouldn't have another vision about Voldemort and hoped for a peaceful sleep.