Chapter Six

Severus stood up and went over to the shocked boy. He pulled him in his arms and allowed the boy to grab his cloak and cry. He rocked him slowly and gently stroked his hair. Patiently he waited for Harry to calm down and stop crying, then he said,

'Yes, I'm sorry Harry. Remus couldn't help her. He tried, I swear, but he couldn't do anything. She was shot at her heart... but Harry, you should be proud of her. She was loyal until her last day. She died trying to save Remus's life.'

Harry nodded numbly and whispered,

'I know... It's just... She was my first pet, my first ever birthday present. Hagrid gave her to me when I first went to Diagon Alley to buy my school supplies. I'll miss her!'

'Yes, I know that Harry. But let me tell you something. I know you'll never forget her, but when you will remember her, you'll remember all the good things you two had together. Like for example, she was your only companion at the Dursleys. She was there, when you felt alone. She was always there for you.'

Harry nodded, then remembered,

'What about Idylla?'

Snape looked at him in surprise,

'Who's Idylla?'

Harry slightly smiled and answered,

'My snake...'

'You have a snake?'

Harry nodded and said,

'Yeah, Ron gave it to me for my birthday. Said, I'll find her amusing.'

Snape smiled and was just about to say something, when an amused voice behind them said,

'I do find her amusing too. She was very worried about you. She didn't want to leave your side, but I managed to tell her, she needed to eat and sleep and took her to my quarters. She caught on with Fawkes quite well, I must say I was impressed.'

The two Snapes turned around and saw an amused Dumbledore standing in the doorway.

'I assume you told him, Severus.'

Snape shook his head and proudly said,

'No, Albus. He found out himself, I just confirmed it and told him what happened.'

Albus smiled and nodded,

'You've got yourself a bright young man, Severus.'

Snape squeezed Harry a little stronger and answered,

'Yes, Headmaster, I have,'

Harry smiled in his father's shoulder. His father was proud of him. Dumbledore coughed a little and continued,

'I would like for you to come with me to the Great Hall, unless you have to tell me something more...'

Harry remembered last night and started talking,

'Professor, I had another dream last night. Voldemort was having a meeting and he branded six new Death Eaters. He put a Cruciatus on Bellatrix Lestrange, Wormtail and father...'

Snape smiled at his son's sentence. He called me father! Father! He felt he could jump from joy.

'I wanted to get father out so badly!'

'He somehow transported me to Hogwarts Gates,'

Severus continued, when he saw Harry getting upset once more,

'Then he ran to me and healed me. We spent the night in here.'

Dumbledore smiled at Harry and than said,