Chapter Thirteen

When Severus Snape heard what happened in Transfiguration classroom, it would be an understatement, that he was angry. He was seething from anger at Harry's friend Ron Weasley. The stupid boy had pronounced the incantation wrong and now, Harry wasn't a he, but a she. For the rest of his... her life. Damn it! Snape repeated to himself over and over again. He asked himself what would Harry say to this when he woke up. He won't like it! Snape thought as he marched down the corridors to reach the Hospital Wing as fast as he could. It was only - what? - noon, that Harry was transported to the infirmary and it was the first day of term! He opened the door to the hospital with a bang and looked around him to find his son's body on a bed. When his eyes reached it, he froze. This wasn't his son! This was his daughter!!! He collapsed on a near-by chair and took Harry's hand in his. Then he looked at her and saw, that she now looked more like Lily than him. Well, she was a girl now, wasn't she? But she still had jet-black hair with red highlights that Snape liked so much. Her body was well shaped. She was thin, but not too thin that they would call her a stick. Her hair was longer and it now reached her elbows. It was still slightly messy, but in a sweet way. Severus found himself even more attached to his daughter. She was beautiful. Her eyelashes were long and nicely curled, her fingers little and charming. He couldn't take his eyes off of her. He reached out with his free hand and gently shoved her hair away from her eyes. Suddenly, he heard Dumbledore's voice behind him.

'Minerva just told me what happened. She took Harry's friends to my office to calm them down. How are you fairing?'

Severus looked at the Headmaster and said, 'I am shocked, but I will get used to it.'

'I thought so. She's beautiful, isn't she?'

Snape smiled slightly and nodded.

'As beautiful as her mother was.'

Albus sat on the other side of the bed and said, 'What will you call her? You can't call her Harry anymore.'

Snape's eyes widened, as if he only now realised what had happened. He shrugged his shoulders and answered Dumbledore's question.

'I don't know. Harriet, I guess. I will have to ask her...'

He paused for a moment and then sighed.

'It's so hard to talk about Harry as a she, but I guess I'll have to get used to it.'

Dumbledore chuckled lightly and left Severus and 'Harry' alone. The next visitor was Remus. He came stumbling in the Hospital wing, slightly breathless. He wheezed, 'I - just heard - what happened. Came as soon - as I could!'

He stepped to 'Harry's' bed and said,

'So, it's true. Harry is a girl now. Will he change back?'

Severus numbly shook his head, and Remus weakly chuckled, 'Well, Severus. It seams that you have a problem. As a guy you could talk to Harry about everything, now as he's a girl, he'll have to ask someone else when he gets his monthlies.'

'Monthlies?' asked Snape bewildered. Remus laughed.

'Oh, Sev! You don't know a lot about women, do you?'

'If you remember, I only had one woman in my life, so no, I don't know a lot about women. What about you, Remy?' Snape sneered at Remus, but it was good-hearted. Remus laughed again and said,

'I know a few things. If my memory doesn't trouble me, I had a sister once and she explained some things to me. Do you know what monthlies are?'

Severus again shook his head.

'It's the time of the month when a girl or a woman bleeds.'

Snape blanched at this and Remus laughed again, 'It's not so hard, Sev. It only lasts for a few days.'