Chapter 7, Learning From Good And Evil

Some days passed after the incident happened.

"So that's what happened, youngster... Thanks for finally telling me. I was so worried that something bad might have taken place down there. King Boo yelled like he would never calm down again. He sounded so furious.", the professor sighs as you and he sit in the kitchen.

"I've been up all night since he got so angry at me. Everytime I visit the Boos, they stare at me like I was a demon. Even Boolinda seems kinda angry and concerned at the same time.", you let your head hanging.

"But I'm getting quicker in checking all the containers. However... I still must have a look at the kings tank today.", you get up and want to make yourself on your way.

"Young feller! You don't have to do it! I can also do it! Or at least let me help you!", E. Gadd jumps and toddles behind you.

"No, professor. Everyday means every day. I made a promise and I'll do my work! I'll do it right!", you walk downstairs.

"...

Good luck, (Y/N).", the professor gives up.

------------------------------------------------------------------

*Pomp pomp

Pomp pomp

Pomp pomp popomp popomp*

You can feel your heartbeat. Getting faster every second.

A cold shiver wanders down your spine as you reach the kings storey.

You instantly start checking the containment for anything with your tools and look very serious and concentrated while doing so.

"Already here again?", the undead monarch's voice echoes through the storey.

"J-Just... d-d-doing w-work.", you try to answer brave, but fail yet again.

The king snickers.

"You got me there last time you visited me. Normally no human even dares to ask me such foolish questions and make me so mad. You however are... special if I could say it like that.

You want to learn from my glorious self, right? Learn what I bring together with the topic: Fear~"

Your eyes suddenly focus on the round ghostking, who is obviously amused.

"Patience is my answer. This word should be enough for now.", he smirks far too arrogant.

Patience he said? What a useless answer, you think. Why should patience help you defeat your fear? It only makes it worse if you stay with him a long time.

Or... does it really help? Maybe you should give it a try.

You have a random idea. How about sleeping next to his containment down here? It'll be rough to find enough courage to show up, but...

Why not?

"Y-Your... M-M-Majesty?", you stutter freezing and want to tell him your thoughts.

"Oh? Able to speak again? Tell me, mortal~", King Boo nods very interested.

"I-I-I... W-W-Would you... mind i-i-if... I sleep down here tonight?", you struggle to end your sentence.

The Master of Illusions lets out a small cackle.

Was that a yes or a no? You can't really tell. He sometimes acts so strange and mysterious... That is what still fascinates you. How can he be so vicious and at the same time a big mystery?

The undead monarch's left eyebrow raises.

"I'm not the one who holds someone captive. You can do as you wish. I'm sure that we'll have some fun together, young lady~", he answers pretty charming for his conditions.