Chapter 4, The Awakening

You continued sneaking downstairs shivering.

The only thing you had with you was that flashlight. You could barely see anything, but got closer. The creeks of the stairs made it horrible.

"Come... Come to me... you want to... you want it... you want to find me...", abruptly you turned around, but there was nothing. Only that light from the flashlight of yours shimmering in the darkness.

Carefully you continued sneaking downstairs.

You made it.

This storey was probably the deepest one.You stopped and looked around, shining with your flashlight everywhere you wanted to look.

There stood a much larger container than the regular ones, where the Boos were imprisoned, almost as big as a normal room. You walked closer and froze instantly.

"Oh look who's finally here...", the mysterious being raised its extremely perishing voice. "I was expecting you."

This creature... or whatever you should call it is definitely the spookiest of its kind... one taunting after another. You were sure that it was the one you were looking for. Or was he looking for you?

However, no matter what, one fact was undeniable:

It was him. The King himself! A GHOSTking!

You felt as your knees were getting squashy as pudding and shaking uncontrollably. Fear. Again...Was your experience with the Boos all for nothing? Because you couldn't control your fear at all. You haven't even SEEN him!

Well... You had to say something. Something brave.

"W-Who a-are you?", you squeaked shyly almost unable for him to understand.

Well... not so brave after all...

"Was that something? I heard nothing... I'm very sorry~ Can my imagination repeat that?", the undead creature grinned haughty although he understood you. He was just mocking you.

To your surprise you could say it again.

"W-Who are y-you?", you stuttered shivering.

No response.

No response?

You looked through the glasses into the large container.

It was almost looking like a chamber. There was a royal, dark red double bed, a nice black piano and some other decent furniture. Above, in the middle of the "container-room", you could spot a golden chandelier, the candles burning purple.

Truly an eye-catcher to hold a ghostking captive.Well... there was another 'thing' that was very interesting to look at. Black sheets were covering some kind of... frame. A picture you could say.

However, you were determined to find his majesty. Hopefully you could spot the undead ruler in the dark, but... you didn't.

"You look ridiculous spinning around trying to find me. You'll only find me if I WANT to be found...", it cackled snooty.

You stared at those black sheets again. It seemed like the creepy voice came from there.

"I-I... uhm I m-mean... do y-you w-w-want to b-be f-f-found?", you asked shyly."Well... find out foolish mortal...", he replied snickering

"If you want to see ME then you'll have to find MY crown... that dump scientist locked it away somewhere. Last time he held it captive in his bedroom. You may look there for a golden purple jeweled crown bursting with power. I need it... and if you bring it down here we'll definitely have some fun together..."