Chapter 6, Teach You What Fear Means

"Oh professor! I have another question.", you interrupt.

"Of course, of course. What is it, young feller?", he asks curiously.

"Well... when the ghostking controlled my body... you came in with a vacuum cleaner. Why the h—k a vacuum cleaner?! Didn't you find something more fitting?!", you can't understand his actions.

"That's not just ANY vacuum cleaner, youngster! This is the new Poltergust G-00! A brand new device for capturing all kinds of ghosts!", E. Gadd declares proudly. "Although I'm a little too old for the ghost hunt, maybe I can teach you how to catch them!"

You stand there and just stare at him. It was kinda childish that it was a vacuum cleaner, but you have a big interest in learning some ghost hunting skills.

"I'm in, professor.", you grin.

"Ho ho! Perfect!", your boss jumps around like a little child. Well... it was still E. Gadd.

You snicker.

"But before we start with your training...", the professor grins and turns to you. "Want to see his majesty again?"

"Not really.", you looked away. "But I'm sure that I have no choice, so...

let's go."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Equipment for the containment? Check.

Flashlight? Check.

Poltergust G-00? Wait where is it?! Oh, you have it, professor...

Poltergust G-00? Check.

We have everything we need, professor.", you nod and smile at your boss.

"Fear's also a 'Check'!", a Boo cackles, causing the others to join.

"Stop laughing, you marshmallows!", you hiss.

You only get furious looks. "Wanna start a fight, huh? YOU'LL LOSE!", another white orb provokes you.

Before you can reply anything, your boss lays a hand on your shoulder.

"Calm down, youngster... You're doing what the Boos want. It's a big game for them. If you play with them, you'll go down. They're champions in psycho games.", E. Gadd sighs.

"They have no right mocking me.", you grumble, much more aggressive since the incident with their king.

"It's enough. Let's keep going.", Elvin shakes his head.

You two make your way down until you arrive in the deepest storey.

Again.

It's extremely cold and dark like last time you were here. You look at the kings containment.

Again.

"Let us check his containment first, youngster.", E. Gadd decides and you take a screwdriver with you.

"On it.", you reply nodding.

You and the professor check his prison very strictly. While doing so the room is completely flooded with silence. Only some tool-sounds can be heard every now and then.

It doesn't take you long until both of you are finished.

You stand up and look through the glass.

"Show yourself!", you require and feel brave when E. Gadd is near you. You don't even shiver. You stand there like a proud young human. Even fear can't get through your strong shield.