Chapter 15, A Manipulating Curse

What do they say? You can't judge a book by its cover, right~?

What? How the hell are you even here!! You shouldn't be able to speak to me in my dreams!!

After the fight with Boolossus, you decided to take a nap due to how weak and injured you ended up being. And apparently a fine, wealthy rest is too much to ask for. How should you recover when this overblown marshmallow haunts you?

Oh come on, darling... It isn't like you're not going to be able to rest! You still sleep like a baby, blehehehe! You're just... -let's put it like that- ...granted your desire of company! By ME! Isn't that absolutely breathtaking...?

It's tiring. While I sleep!!! Can't you just... shut up!? And leave me one moment of rest!?!?

Mmmh... let me think about it... Hard decision, really...

Hmmm... what about... NO. Why should I be the one, when I can just bother you, until you free me? You're far too weak to even rebel against my control! I can do whatever I want with you in this state and if I don't let you recover -what will sadly happen eventually- I'll keep enough control to gain even more! Not only your tiny dreams... or when you're extremely weak...

I can achieve so... much... MORE.

Please just get out of my head.

You don't understand do you, foolish mortal? You will NEVER get rid of me ever again. Since you put my crown on sooo willingly~, you'll be linked to my ghostly soul... for... a long, long time~. Maybe even... FOR ALL ETERNITY~! Ahahaha!"

Aww, don't be sad~. It's your own fault after all, darling. I would really like to tell you my non-existing pity, but UNFORTUNATELY, I'm still locked up in E. Gadd's vault! What a shame! My, my! If only a mere mortal could put a lonely king out of his misery...!

I won't let you manipulate me twice! If you can't leave me alone, I will never free your stupid ass.

Someone's popping off, huh~?

I'll kick your dumb balloon-brain to the moon, puffball!

Tch-! Dumb decision, really. I thought you might choose the better option. However...~, you still have time to do so, little human! Don't you worry. We'll meet again~! AHAHAhaha!!

"AH!", you wake up in your bed, covered in your own sweat and shoot up from your lying position. Taking a deep breath relaxes your current state of mind a little, but you're still under the influence of King Boo. You grumble in pain as you touch the now bandaged arm which you were bitten into.

"Youngster? Youngster come to yourself!", you hear the professors voice ringing through your head.

You shake your head in confusion and notice the professor and the Mario Bros. surrounding you.

"What the... what happened? Did I... say something weird while I was asleep?", you ask with your voice down, hoping that the others overheard it if you didn't sleep talk.

"N-No.", Luigi plays around with his thumbs nervously and then gestures to your eyes, while Mario looks a tad bit worried and E. Gadd rather interested.

"Your eyes... they're purple."

"What?!!?!", you instantly try to shield your eyes to hide them.

That's what a Boo would do.

You think about this thought for a second and put your hands down again.

"Your eyes aren't glowing, but they're still purple. Do you really feel like... yourself, (Y/N)?", the green plumber asks carefully to not upset you.