Chapter 14

"I'm a dad!" Keefe announced when the Fosters glittered into the field.

"Really? Who would've guessed?!" Tam said, pointing to May in his arms. Linh elbowed him.

"No, I mean, I'm a dad again," Keefe said, as if that explained it completely.

"I'm pregnant again." Sophie finally said. There were squeals from the girls, congratulations from the boys, and an 'I told you so' from Linh.

After everyone had calmed down, Sophie finally got a look at the field Biana had chosen. It was gorgeous. Bright green grass covered the hill, dotted by flowers that were all the colors of the rainbow. When Sophie looked closer, she saw that some of the flowers were actually eggs.

"Guys! That's boring! The eggs can't be straight on the ground!" Sophie protested.

"Those are only the ones for the babies. There are golden ones in harder spots for you guys." Ro explained. The glint in her eye told Sophie that this wouldn't be easy at all."

"Calista! Come back here!" Biana called as the little girl crawled into the field, found an egg, and started sucking on it. This started the charge. May ran into the field, grabbing eggs and trying to hold them all in her hands. Sophie had to show her how to use the basket. Aldric and Rosaline followed their sister, stopping to open every egg they got.

"Okay," said Dex, getting the attention of the grownups. "There are eggs everywhere on this field. They are also hidden ten feet into the woods beyond. Basically, it's a free for all, and whoever has the most eggs at the end wins. I also had Lovise hide a few eggs that have a concoction I brewed inside. It smells like real rotten eggs. Those are different from the others, but I'm not telling you how." Dex said with an evil grin.

"We go on three," Biana instructed. "One, two, three!" Keefe was the first to burst into the field. Everyone else quickly followed. The babies had to try to avoid the stampede of grownups.

"I got one!" Yelled Wylie whose hand was inside a knot in a tree. He took out a bright gold egg and handed it to Linh, who blushed and tried to give it back. He slipped it into her basket and kept looking.

Marella climbed a tree, grabbing an egg in the top of the branches. A few shouts later almost everyone had an egg. Except Sophie. She was not ready to lose. She saw Keefe nearing a hole in the ground with a glint of gold peaking out. She channeled all of her energy and leaped, teleporting in front of the hole and grabbing it seconds before Keefe did.

"Hey! No fair!" He shouted in protest, but she was already off. She saw Fitz running towards a birds nest and prepared to teleport again. Within seconds he had the egg and was on her way.

In a half an hour Sophie had thirty eggs in her basket. She saw Keefe running to an extra shiny looking one, and got ready to teleport, but then stopped. Dex had warned them about special eggs. This one seemed extra shiny. Maybe she'd let Keefe have this one.

"Ha!" Keefe said, grabbing the egg. "Guess the amazing Foster can't win every time!" He barely finished the words before the egg exploded and he was covered in smelly goop. "DEX!" Keefe grabbed another shiny egg and chucked it towards the unexpecting Dex. In just minutes a full out war broke out.

Meanwhile, Calista, Rosaline, May, and Aldric sat happily among the flowers, eating the candy from their eggs and talking to one another. They were the exact opposite of their parents, pummeling each other with slime eggs.

"WAIT!" Dex yelled. "How many eggs does everyone have? Good eggs, not rotten ones." Everyone went to their baskets to count.

"Five!" called Marella.

"One." Said Tam, who had sat out of most of the hunt.

"Seven!" said Biana while trying to wipe the smile off of her dress. "It's a good thing I got everyone an extra outfit! Dex warned me it might get messy."

"Ugh, only 4." said Fitz. Everyone went on calling out their numbers with Dex keeping track.

"Ha! I win! I have eighteen.!" Said a triumphant Keefe.

"Lord Hunkyhair, you might want to wait till your wife has called her number to celebrate. Sophie smirked, imitating her husband.

"I have thirty-one." Everyone just sighed and rolled their eyes. Sophie always won. Biana had them change into back-up outfits and everyone grouped together for a photo.

"I want candy!" May announced just as the camera took the picture. Everyone was mid-laugh. It was a perfect Easter.