Chapter 7

"I'm home Foster! Miss me?" Keefe said with his signature smirk. He had as an artist for a few years now, and although he was able to make the art from home, he often had to go out and meet clients or do a showcase. Sophie was a mentor at Foxfire, but she had decided to only mentor one student this year and bring May with her. Most of the time she spent at home, cleaning and playing with May. They would also visit Grady and Edaline and help with the animals at least a few times a week. May already loved animals.

"I'd miss you more if you would hang up your cape when you got home instead of leaving it one the floor." Sophie said. She walked over to him and kissed him.

"Daddy!" May said. She was a beautiful 4-month-old, and her hair was already pretty long. It went down to her ears. "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!!!" Keefe took May from Sophie and held her close.

"Hey Sunshine!" Keefe was such a wonderful father, and husband. His girls were his pride and joy.

"The Dizznees invited us over for dinner." Sophie told him.

"Which ones? Dex and Biana, or his parents?" Dex had married Biana a year after Sophie and Keefe had married.

"Well, Biana and Dex called to invite us, but Dex's parents and sibling are coming. So are Tam, Linh, Fitz, Wylie, and Marella." Sophie listed. All of her friends still got together regularly, but Sophie and Keefe had been around less since the baby.

"Hmmm, sounds like this could be a big night..." Keefe smirked.

"What do you mean?" Sophie asked him. She had stopped trying to figure out boys a long time ago.

"It means that all of our friends are married or dating. There are bound to be announcements of a proposal, baby, or something!" Sophie rolled her eyes, but she had to admit he made a good point. She had visited Biana the other day, and she said that she expected Wylie to propose to Linh anytime now. They really were an adorable couple.

"I think I'm going to hail Biana to ask how fancy we should dress. I'm guessing Dex doesn't know." Sophie kissed Keefe briefly, handed him May, and walked up to her room. "Show me Biana"

"Sophie! Hi! Are you guys coming tonight?" Biana said as her face popped onto the screen.

"Yes, but I need your help with something. I don't want a full out makeover, but how fancy should I dress?" Biana's eyes lit up.

"I'll be right there Sophie!" Sophie groaned.

"Biana, I said I don't want a makeover! I just need to know how fancy to be!" Biana had already hung up, and Sophie heard a knock on their door. Biana certainly didn't waste time. Sophie walked downstairs to greet her. She found her holding May and cooing.

"Hi! Hello! Aw, you are so sweet May. Yes, you are!" Biana was holding May so that it looked like she was standing and bouncing her up and down. "Oh, hi Sophie!" Biana said when she looked up.

"I'm not even going to try to talk you out of this, but could you make it quick. I still have to dress May."

"AWWWW! I can dress May too!" Sophie knew it would do no good to resist, so she let Biana lead her up the spiral stairs of the medieval-like home she shared with May and Keefe.

Biana made a beeline for Sophie's closet, frowning when she didn't find any gowns.

"Sophie! You need to have something fancy!"

"I do, it's just not your degree of fancy." Sophie protested.

"It's a good thing I brought back up." Biana said, pulling a bag off of her back. Inside was a gorgeous red dress with diamonds flowing out from the waist. The top looked like it was made of some kind of tulle, and even Sophie had to gasp. "Isn't it perfect! Red looks so good on you!"

The dress:

Biana sent Sophie into her bathroom to change while she unloaded the rest of her bag

Biana sent Sophie into her bathroom to change while she unloaded the rest of her bag. It was filled with make-up and hair elixirs.

Don't worry, I'll pick up on this scene in the next chapter! Thank you for reading!!!