Chapter 6: Partner. Oh, partner.

Start from the beginning

I turned around and eyed the walking masterpiece that approached us. He smiled wide and it seemed as if in that moment the sunlight hit him exactly and he glistened a bit. His dark brown hair contrasted against his smooth skin. There was a small curve to his lips, as if there was something terribly funny that only he knew the joke to. And me on the other hand just stood there dumbfounded. I knew any minute now the stammering would start and guess what? It did.

"Y-You-I-" I turned red and started to stutter.

Kelly took no time stepping in.

"You're suppose to be helping her with this project so I suggest you get your act together, Woods." She said, poking him in the chest interrupting his fist bump with Vince.

"Hey, watch the shirt. I paid for this." He said with a slight laugh, removing Kelly's polished finger nail away.

"Well I hope you have the receipt for your face because when I'm done with it, you won't be able--" Vince grabbed Kelly by the waist, stopping her mid-threatening sentence.

"Feisty, huh?" Vince smirked.

I couldn't help feel so weirded out by the events that were occurring around me right now. I looked down at the hamster lid, tracing my fingers on the top.

"Unlike some people, I actually care about my grades. So," he looked down at me amused. "I'll help you out with the little weasel." He then taapped the container.

" It's a hamster." I corrected

"Now we talk. Hm, I like the sound of your voice." he winks, but I hide my blushing with a roll of my eyes and fail tragically.

"Carter, stop being such a douchebag. You have an evil egotistic, perfumeholic girlfriend, remember?" Kelly tilts her head, but Carter only shrugs

"A little flirting never hurt anyone. So whose place?" He asked.

"For the project?" I asked

"You tell me." He leaned against the locker. Kelly groaned.

"You guys can do it at the bakery. Now since we're done here. C'mon, Cerise. We have to head down to the station." Kelly says snapping me back to reality. No, I wasn't staring.

"Sta-station? For what?" I raise my eyebrows, but then remember that I asked Kelly to come with me to the station for more intel about our break in. She gave me an annoyed look. "Oh, right."

"Police station? Well that's my cue to leave." Carter chuckled leaning off the locker.

"I have to lock up today. So come around five!" I shouted out.

"Yeah, yeah." He threw his hand up as he walked away.

"Inconsiderate jerk." Kelly muttered

"He's not that bad. Good guy, horrible choice of women." Vince laughed and we repeated his action.

"I almost feel bad for him. Dating Serena Eagan? Matchmade in hell." Kelly smirked. "Well. We can continue this project at my place, Vince."

"I shall count the moments. And I'll take little Chizzy." He tapped the container.

"Awesome." Kelly blushed as he left

"You so like him" I blurted out

"Do not. You know my heart is set out on Aven." She defends

"So you admit you like Aven. Too bad you never give him the time of day." I tell her as we exit the school doors, walking down the cement steps.

"I don't know. West tells me he's really not the type to have a serious relationship." She shrugs and adjusts her bag strap on her shoulder properly.