Shenanigans of St. Patrick's Day

Start from the beginning

"Race? What are you doing up?" a small voice asks and Race jumps, turning to see Romeo standing behind him.

"Shhhhhh," Race shushes quickly and Romeo raises an eyebrow.

"It's 1:30 in the morning and..."Romeo starts quietly but Race cuts him off,

"It's St. Patrick's Day! Now go to sleep!" The door creaks open a little further than when Romeo had left it cracked and a small kitten wanders out.

"Hi, Patches!" Romeo whispers, scooping her up into his arms and placing her on Race's shoulder. Patches rubs her head against Race's face and chirps at one of her favorite humans. Race rubs her head affectionately, getting another small squeak out of the small cat. A few minutes later, Flavi reappears with a pair of black leggings on her legs, a pair of green fuzzy socks on her feet and a black hoodie with the hood pulled up. None of the girls to both boys' surprise were following her.

"No one else wanted to come. Elley acted remotely interested but then she fell back asleep. Falcon didn't even move when I poked her and I figured Katie probably wouldn't want to just because she's sweet. Pups was also out cold," Flavi explains at the shocked look on both of the boys faces. Race is too busy staring at the way the leggings fit Flavi's legs to really pay attention to anything she is saying.

"Race, you ready?" Romeo asks and Race comes out of his gazing.

"Huh?" Race asks. Flavi meets Race's gaze and shakes her head.

"Quit staring, prankmaster. We have a lot of work to do and Crutchie ALWAYS gets up at the crack of dawn so we really don't have a whole lot of time," Flavi reprimands playfully before turning on her heel and walking into the apartment space. Race stares after her and Romeo nudges him in the shoulder.

"You know, if your whole thing with Flavi doesn't work out, I'm sure Patches would love to..."he starts and Race shoves him into the apartment.

"I ain't looking to start a relationship with a cat," he responds and Romeo nearly crashes into Flavi.

"Sorry," Romeo hisses quietly as Flavi looks at him worriedly, "You almost shoved me into your girlfriend, Higgins."

"Girlfriend? Romeo, Race and I are only friends," Flavi replies, helping Romeo onto his feet before looking for the green glitter stash that Race has hidden for this very occasion. Race enters the apartment with Patches still on his shoulder and quietly closes the door behind him. He bumps into Flavi again and butterflies erupt in both of their stomachs.

"Sorry," Race whispers quietly while moving to help her find the green glitter stash. Race opens the junk drawer that the boys have and reaches into the very back. He pulls out a gallon sized Ziploc bag full of green glitter. Flavi's eyes widen at the sight.

"Why in the world would you keep so much glitter?" Flavi whispers quietly. Race beams at her and Patches reaches over to paw at the bag of sparkly shiny things.

"Why do you think?" Race asks with a smirk before running off with the bag of glitter to the cabinet that holds all of the cereal boxes. Opening the top of the box, Race pours glitter around the bag that holds the cereal and does it a little extra to Albert's box of Lucky Charms that have Albert's name specifically written on the top. He winks at Flavi before silently putting it back in the cabinet.

"We are going to get it," Flavi whispers as Race offers her the glitter. Both of them reach their hands in at the same time and their hands bump causing Flavi to pull away quickly. Glitter falls out of her hand as she moves away from Race. Race smirks at her and grabs her wrist, pulling her back closer to him.