47- Recipes & Reckless Kisses

I headed home in excitement. I had met some of the people from Oregon Gardens. They were really nice. I was excited to volunteer there,also Sarah was coming over for dinner and this was a chance for me to prove to her that I had no problem with her and Trent being together. My plan was going to work. Let go of the past. Focus on the future. Get Jamie back. 

My plan was not going to fail,and I assured myself that as I opened the refrigerator.I didn't know the first thing about cooking but a video on Tik Tok gave me motivation and I really wanted to do something special for my mother. I also liked the fact that the pasta dish I was trying was was low in sugar so it wouldn't affect my mother's diabetes.
I put the turned on the stove at a low heat and took out my ingredients when I heard the door bell ring.My mother wasn't supposed to be home for another hour and if she was then my surprise was totally ruined.

I headed to the front door praying it wasn't my mother. When I opened the door my eyes met the dreamy eyes of Marcellous.

"Mia."

"Marcellous,how?"

"It doesn't matter,I was worried about you.You left the other night and you wouldn't return any of my texts",Marcellous shrugged.

"Oh shoot, I'm really sorry about that I've just been a bit busy that's all",I lied as I held the door wishing I could just close it and he would disappear.

"I'm sorry if I did anything to make you feel uncomfortable or upset you",he frowned.

"It's not that,I'm just-"

"Is something burning?"

"Woah",I ran into the hallway and straight to the kitchen. There was steam coming from the stove,thankfully nothing was on it. I quickly turned it off and sighed.

"That's very irresponsible."

I got a bit started by Marcellous' suddenly presence in my kitchen and I looked at him in shock.

"Sorry,I wanted to see if everything was okay,I'll leave",Marcellous turned and was about to make his way out of my house.

Let him go.Don't stop him.

"Wait,Marcellous."

He turned and looked at me,waiting for me to say something.

"You're a nice guy Marcellous, but I love Jamie and it's complicated."

"I never asked you to love me Mia,I just want to show you what you deserve",he spoke slowly. "I don't want to overstep my boundaries, but I would be lying if I said I don't have any attraction to you and when I'm around you I feel like kissing you",Marcellous said shaking his head.

"Kissing me?"

"I want to kiss you ,Mia"

Kiss me,Marcellous.

"No,nothing good can come from this. I'm still hung up on Jamie and I'm just going to end up hurting you",I declared in a stern tone.

"Since I'm going to get hurt anyway,I'd rather do this",Marcellous said and with one swift motion he was in front of me,invading my personal space. Then he kissed me,it was rushed and sloppy but I felt him and for a second I wanted to kiss him back. The part of me that felt hopeless wanted to kiss Marcellous and feel good again but I didn't.I pulled away from Marcellous and left him standing in front of me with a black expression.

"I can't deal with this right now."

"Mia..."

"I can't. "

I looked down at the floor of the kitchen. I noticed that the tile pattern was a little bit weird. When I looked back up I saw Marcellous leaving. He didn't turn back.

.....

"I didn't know you were such a good cook Mia!",Sarah exclaimed from across the table with her mouth full.

"Neither did I Sarah and I'm her mother",my mother laughed from beside me.

"Guys,you don't have to be so surprised ",I rolled my eyes at them as I took sip of my Dr Pepper.

"It's nice to have you over Sarah. Are you new in town?",my mother asked Sarah with a smile as she took a mouth full of pasta.

"Not in town but a new addition to Mia's friend group",Sarah replied.

"That's good,you girls need to stick together. Mia told me your dad works out of town,what does he do?"

"He does storage and stuff on ships.So he's not home most of the time. It's just my mom and I but since her sister got sick she's been there . My grandma is at Oregon Gardens though so I visit her most days."

"Your mom's sister is ill?Oh Oregon Gardens is a lovely place,at least you and Mia can spend time together too. "

"Yes I'm not sure what's wrong though on a lighter note,Mia and I are going to have a lot of fun."

"I honestly need to have fun,it's been a while. "

"Well you're in luck because tomorrow is Bingo night."