Anti's New Trick

"Now then" Marvin started, "You know I snapped my fingers and helped you out back there. But it wasn't to get your kids back, Chase"

Chase furrowed his brow, confused, "Then . . .then why did you do it?"

"Clearly that man knew about us" Jackie crossed his arms, "I don't know how but he was able to find out about what we did before. . . .before. . .uh, you know. Marvin said you remember Anti, right?"

All too well.

The glitched snickered in his head.

Chase just nodded, "I've never said anything to anyone if that's what you guys are saying"

"No, no. We are not saying zhat at all Chase!" Henrik defended, "We just need to be extra careful. We do not know how he got the information"

"Maybe Sean leaked something out"

They gave Chase a look. It was clear they didn't believe that. Jackie shook his head, "Sean would never sell us out. He created us and has been protecting us since the beginning"

'Some of you' Anti's voice was sinister.

Chase actually agreed with Anti, "Not all of us. I see all of your lives have turned out quite peachy keen. And mine . . .well. . . well look where we are."

"That's not fair, Chase, and you know it" Jackie argued, "You've MADE this happen and sometimes you have to take responsibility. We can't bail you out of everything"

"You know what? I think I better go home before I shoot you, Jackie"

His hand itched to grab his gun in his car and he was too closer to doing it but stopped himself. He ignored Anti in his head encouraging it.

"Christ, Chase!" Jackie sputtered, "Will you hear yourself!? What's going on with you!?"

"What's going on with me? WHAT'S GOING ON WITH ME!?" Chase suddenly stopped, seeing some of the jury leave the building. He took a breathe to try and calm down.

'And they call me the psychopath' Anti mocked.

Marvin sighed, "How are your dreams? Did you get a new job yet?"

". . . . I started a new job at that fast food place down the road yesterday. My dreams are the same."

"You want to try hypnotism?" he suggested, "We could try that. Swing by my shop sometime next week. I'd ask for this weekend but I want you to have some time with your kids"

Chase gave a small smile and he could hear Anti gagging in his head at the sweetness.

'Right!' Jameson signed, 'Is that part not exciting? You haven't seen Kallie and Sammy in a long time'

Chase nodded, "Yeah. Yeah I'm excited" a part of him was. The other part was worried about Anti's reaction.

Marvin could sense something was off.

Henrik cleared his throat, "Anyways, vhat about your depression medication? Perhaps we need to put you on a different kind?"

"Maybe"

"And have you really stopped drinking?" Jackie pried again.

Chase just growled out, "Yes"

"Good. Proud of you"

"I don't care" Chase was fed up with Jackie at the moment.

Jackie sighed at his attitude, "Okay. Well I'm happy you get to see your kids again this weekend. Hopefully nothing happens to fuck it up. I'm gonna head out. See all of you later."