Humans Are Weird

At first, Chase was hyper aware that he was dreaming but luckily nothing was really happening.

He felt as if he was floating. Something that reminded him of a night sky hung above him, stars flashing like fireworks. In the distance, something like laughter echoed around, joyful and loving. 

Then he realized he was falling and he could start seeing everything much clearer around him. It was still dark but the stars turned into gun flashes, bullets flying in the night. Slowly like a broken record, the laughter turned into screams, so terrified and agonizing.

Chase kept falling and falling deeper until finally he hit something! The ground was a liquid, sucking him in like thick water. He swam up only to realize it was blood. 

Bodies floated on the surface with him all bloodied and broken like in the last nightmare he had.

In the distance, he heard a sorrowful laugh. It was different from last night's, no longer giggly and insane. It sounded like his laugh.

Chase used one of the bodies as a raft and pulled himself up, uncaring of his surroundings. He just had to block it all out and it will all go away. It wasn't real!

'It's not real. It's not real. It's not real. Just a dream. You're fooking dreaming. This fooked up mess isn't you. Come on, Brody! Wake up!'

'Wake up Brody' another voice spoke out but it sounded as broken as the screams. Chase's eyes darted up to see a figure not too far away, eyes glowing green. Watching him like prey.

'Always watching, Brody. Always' 

A darkness swept over him and suddenly Chase leaped up in his bed gasping for air. He held his hand over his chest, coughing at the sudden movement.

For some reason, this nightmare was worse than the others.

He raised his hand up to feel tears and brushed them away, 'Something bigger is happening here' he thought, 'Feels that way, anyway. Perhaps Marvin's spell is breaking?'

Once he finally caught his breathe, he looked around his bedroom, only vaguely realizing beyond his black-out curtains, the bright sun beat in the room from the sides, softly lighting it up. He could see the mess that was still covering his floors and he sighed heavily.

'Well it's not like I have a job to go to now. I really don't have any excuses this time.' With a light groan, he picked himself up off the bed and went to the bathroom to clean up a bit, doing anything and everything to distract himself from his own mind.

The nightmare was so bad, he actually wanted to clean to forget about it.

When he finally got some leftover clothes on, he crackled his knuckles and set himself to work, albeit slowly, turning on some music as he did so.

Anti had seen it all. Not the nightmare, but rather Brody's thrashing. It was like he was being tortured not that Anti minded. He merely cocked his head to the side, watching in fascination and listening to Chase's pained cries in his sleep.

Anti wasn't sending him nightmares. He couldn't. But that didn't mean he didn't enjoy seeing Chase in pain. Anti didn't enjoy a lot of things but for some reason, seeing this man in fear just really tickled him.

Anti nearly glitched within the bedroom TV when Chase woke up so suddenly, breathing erratically. Minutes passed until Chase finally did something that confused Anti. He went and took a shower!

Now he was cleaning!

Why? To better himself? No, Chase was too far gone at the moment to do that. Perhaps it was for distraction? The music would help explain that.