Word Associations

The Beatles: So ethereally beautiful that they defy the mere concept of property.

A/N: Short chapter, but hey, it's a chapter! And thanks to all my fab reviewers: On FanFiction, The Beatles Honeydoll22, Macca's Little Teddy Bear, and the Mysterious Guest; on WattPad, CityofStarlight, Macca40, shineonyoudiamond, heroesforghosts, and SmilingDiana. Special thanks in particular to Macca's Little Teddy Bear and Macca40 - love you guys!

Another A/N:  The photo is of the Gaumont Cinema in Ipswich in the 1960s -- that's where the Beatles really did perform when they were there Halloween night, 1964!

John led the way as the Beatles jogged down the stairs into the hotel lobby. Brian, Neil, and Mal followed a short distance behind them.

"Got everything?" called Brian.

"Yeah," replied Paul over his shoulder.

Mal and Neil raced around to the front. "I'll clear a path," offered Mal.

"Go ahead," said Ringo emphatically.

As they strolled past the receptionist, Paul shot her a cheeky salute and a wink. She blushed and hid behind the book she was reading.

John grabbed a rose from a vase as he passed. He twirled it in his fingers cockily.

Neil held the door open for them. The girls shrieked at the sight of their idols.

"Here you go! Run and get it!" yelled John, lobbing the rose into the crowd. A wave of fans sobbed as they charged the flower.

"Poor innocent plant," murmured Ringo sadly. "Whatever did it do to you, John?"

"It was insolent to me!" replied John.

"Don't even try to question that logic," suggested George to Ringo. Ringo nodded as John dove headfirst into the limousine waiting for them. George and Ringo both followed him. Paul paused to give the fans one last wave and smile before jumping into the car and slamming the door shut.

"I guess the others are taking the bus, then?" asked John as the limo pulled away from the hotel.

George nodded. "Sounds right."

"What should we do, then?" asked Paul.

"Bamboozle!" said John happily.

"What?" asked Ringo.

"Toast!" replied George deliberately.

"What are you doing?" wondered Ringo.

"You can't do that, it's more than one word," said John. "Anyroad, it's Paul's turn."

"Oh, I see what we're doing!" said Ringo.

"Crumpet," said Paul.

"Tea," replied Ringo.

"Golf," said John.

"Knickerbockers," said George.

"Wedding," replied Paul.

"Spiderman!" agreed Ringo.

"Rumplestiltskin!" exclaimed John.

"Where did that come from?" asked George.

"Too many words," said Paul.

"You've all gone mad," moaned Ringo.

"No, we haven't! Ooh, look at that lovely waterfuffle!" said John. "Obviously."

Everyone stared at him. Fans shrieked outside and banged on the windows.

John shrugged. "Obviously, I am on a higher intellectual plane than you lot."

"Yeah, you're obviously way higher than we are," replied Paul.

John giggled.

"What d'you reckon we'll do after the concert?" asked George.

"Probably answer fan mail," replied Ringo gloomily.

John snorted. "Only if you cave to Big Brother and actually do what Brian tells you to."

"We could play Monopoly," suggested Paul.

"I'll just beat you all, though, and where's the fun in that?" replied John.

"Ha! You think you can win?" replied Ringo. "You've got another thought running, let me tell you!"

"Thought running?" wondered George.

"It's three of us against one of you," said Paul.

"Yeah, but it's three of you against head of the Beatles," pointed out John. "Though, it is three Beatles against one Beatle, so who'll get beat, eh?" he mused as an afterthought.

Silence again reigned, broken only by a nearby fan screaming, "My heart is with you all!"

"Say, mister," said John, leaning over the limo driver's shoulder. "You seem to need some education on proper driving procedures."

The driver leaned away. "I already know how to drive, thanks."

"Well, reeducation, then," sniffed John. "You obviously don't know how to operate this machine properly."

"Oh, really?" said the chauffer angrily. "You think I don't know how to do my job, do you?"

"I was just saying, you could really take some advice from a professional such as myself –" started John.

The driver interrupted him. "You want to drive?"

"NO!" yelled Paul, George, and Ringo in unison.

John plopped back into his seat, disheartened. "Come on, I deserve another chance!"

"You really don't," replied George.

"We're here," said the chauffer. "Now get out, before I do something I'll regret later!"

"Thanks!" said Paul as he flung open the door. He led the charge on the Gaumont Cinema.

"Ready or not, here we come, Ipswich!" yelled John as the Beatles ran full tilt across the pavement and in through the back door of the theatre.

A/N: Reviews are one of the beautiful golden lost treasures of the Palace of Zanzerdooble! If you can find it in you to leave a review, you can renew the legacy of the holey king Markapple for perpetuity and beyond!