SpiderBeatle

Oh, I know what Ringo would teach me: style! (and I still don't own the Beatles)

A/N: Chapter 10! Double digits! Thanks to Macca40 over on WattPad for all the support!

"What are we going to do?" moaned Brian. "We can't go anywhere in the bus, it's too recognizable and we might hit a fan, and god knows that would destroy the Beatles' reputation, but we can't get out, we'd be mobbed and that's far too dangerous, but how else can we go find the others?"

"Don't we have a backup plan?" asked Ringo, confused. "We always have a backup plan!"

"Lennon . . . ." Brian growled.

"Sorry?" asked Ringo.

"The backup plan was the rental car," said Mal despondently.

They sat (and stood in Mal's case) for a couple of silent, miserable seconds.

"We're going to have to do something," said Mal eventually. "It's either bus or foot."

"Sounds like we're stuck between a hard place and a harder place," said Ringo.

"Bus," said Brian decisively.

"Right-o," said Mal to Brian, and then to the driver, "Take it away, mate."

As the morning mist drained out of the alley, cars started to zoom by on the larger streets at either end. None of the arriving commuters noticed two young with long hair men crouched behind a dumpster in the alley.

"Sounds like a plan, then," said Neil, standing up and brushing himself off. George also stood up.

"Let's hope Brian and the others stay put," said George. "Are you ready?"

"I can't believe we're doing this," muttered Neil, "But yes, I'm ready."

"Let's get this party started!" exclaimed George. "One, two, three, GO!"

Neil and George raced around the dumpster and back the way they had come, zig-zagging through traffic as they dashed across the street and down another alley.

Several girls entered the alley from the opposite end and began to scream.

"JUMP!" yelled George. He and Neil both leapt into the air, grabbing the first-storey landing of the rusted fire escape above them. They hauled themselves onto the flimsy metal platform, the girls below trying to pull them down by their legs. One even managed to pull off George's left shoe.

Neil and George scrambled to their feet and legged it up the rickety staircase to the roof of the building. Once there, they paused for a breather.

"Which one's the hotel?" asked Neil, gesturing to the rooftops surrounding them.

"Two buildings that way," said George, panting.

"Thank God the first two are connected," said Neil. He and George hopped over the divider between the two rooftops.

"Ooh, look," said George, pointing to the street below. It was thronged with screaming, wailing, fainting fans.

Neil looked slightly queasy. "I'm fine over here, thanks."

"So now we just have to leap over two two-foot gaps, then we're at the hotel," said George. "From there, we can go back down the prearranged route, most of the fans've probably left by now."

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" asked Neil.

"Absolutely not! But it'll be fun regardless," said George with a grin. Neil paled.