Ch. 2 | Part ii

Please enjoy Prince Caspian, Fenrick, Draven, and Hans.

     A FAE'S HEART: Unintentional touches..

     The garden in my yard was what I loved best. The flowers bloom beautifully in the spring, but now that summer's coming, I have to make sure my precious babies don't go dehydrated.

     The watering can I have fills over a gallon and I make sure to add a touch of autumn to cool the plants when the time comes. A special mixture that allows them to live until the first frost. For some reason, I couldn't create a mixture for my flowers that could keep them alive during the winter.

     Gently, I spray the water over my lovelies. They soak up the liquid as if they've been starving their entire lives.

     The sun's out and about, just like the other Fae. Mostly because everyone's producing a handcrafted gift to the prince and princess. I decided I would make a flower crown for Princess Twila. I had many forget me nots and the plenty of shamrocks. I wanted her to be lucky even if I couldn't be.

     A sigh leaves my lips as I move on to my magnolias.

     "(Y/N)!" Someone calls for me. "(Y/N)!" They scream in excitement.

     I turn around, pausing in my daily activity. There, a few yards away, is my bestie, Aretha. She flies down from the clouds with a grin on her lips. I giggle, "Hey, spring flower!" I wave my hand at her.

     Aretha's golden dust flutters on my lawn grass from her wings. She plants herself gracefully in front of me. "Have you heard?" She bumbles around. "Have you heard faeling!" Aretha grabs into my shoulder and pulls me back and forth for a moment.

     I almost drop my watering can.

     "Woah, woah. Aretha, what's going on?" I push her off me. "No, I haven't heard any news." Instead of walking towards my home, I settle the can on the stone pathway nearby.

     Aretha's lavender eyes brighten. "Princess Twila's expecting!" Her big smile curls on her face as she does a flying twirl. My face remains stoic. "Oh, isn't it so romantic!" Aretha gushes, "Although, you would think as a summer fae she'd wait to consummate."

     I swallow, trying not to break my smile. "Oh.. that's awesome. I'm so happy for them." I nod enthusiastically.

     But truly, my heart was breaking. I couldn't believe they had moved so fast already. Prince Caspian isn't a face paced lover, in the sense of moving faster in a relationship. It didn't make sense. It's by rite they stay celibate until the wedding night.

     So why would Twila be pregnant? Prince Caspian always plays by the rules.. I debate what's really going on.

     I shake my head of the headache and smile thoughtfully at Aretha, who's dancing among my orchids. Laughing at her carefree attitude, I join her. We dance separately and together, our Fae dust combining and blending into a beautiful fiery sheen that glitters in the sun.

     We don't do much else because Aretha is pulled away by her father to assist him in his wedding gift. She waves bye with an airy smile.

     A sigh covers my lips once again, and I realize how alone I truly am. The smile falls from my face and I return to my flowers. I water the line of magnolias leading to the back of the house. My lips hum a familiar tune as I attend to my garden. A smile flitters onto my face at the thought of Aretha and I a few minutes ago.

     The joy keeps me at bay, so I laugh out loud with a grin.

I decided, then and there, I wouldn't dwell on our prince no longer. I had dependents on my own, like he'll have. My smile falters, but I cast away the pain and allow the sunshine to fuel my love instead.