Ch. 2 | Part i

Thank you so much for reading, now please enjoy King Ahnke, Finley, Rowan, and River.

draft 1.

CURSED BY LOVE: Unintentional touches..

     Back at the campus, when the buses stop, I wait until the majority of the buss is off to stand. When I step off the yellow twinkie, I immediately head for the bathroom. Holding it for so long isn't good on the body or mind. So as I made a bee-line for the bathrooms, a driad decided to knock into my shoulder. My feet catch me from falling to the floor. At the sudden intrusion of my personal space, a scowl forms upon my lips.

     When I stand, I shake my head and continue on.

     It's after my restroom break when I lock eyes when a pair of ocean blues. I blink for a moment before breaking eye contact with the king. Blowing away the hair in my face, I make my way to my locker. There was one last class at the end of the day and as much as I wanted to avoid the subject, I groan and grab the notebooks and my pouch of pens and pencils instead. I roll my eyes when I spot the rude driad from moments ago. Without thinking, I slam my locker door shut and flip my hair over my shoulder. Directly at her.

     The day was almost over and I wasn't about to let the mossy tailed bitch ruin my day. I had seen what was inside the ancient tombs and all the marvelous jewels that scattered the exhibit. I was in heaven for a moment, pure bliss and ecstasy. The famous exhibit was closed off from the public eye for the recent additions in the conjoined room. As students, we were only allowed in the room already finished instead of the extended room, the one they're working on at the moment. I sigh at my daydream.

     I'm knocked out of the heavenly mirage by being slammed into the wall. I grunt, falling to the floor as the creature shoved into me lingers on top of me longer than necessary. When my eyes open, I see the statue giving me a show-stopping grin. I roll my eyes and shove the monstrosity off me. It's difficult by myself, but soon he assists me and I'm free from my stone confinement.

     "Hey, (Y/N)," Bane perks up, cheesing at me with his engraved fangs, "Didn't see ya there." He chuckles. Bane stands quickly and lends a helping claw. "Want some help?" His eyes soften slightly before sparking again.

     I scoff, jumping to my feet on my own. "No, thanks." The fake smile vanished just as soon as it had appeared on my face. Scowling at my scattered things, I huff and bend down to collect my notebooks.

     Just as I managed to gather my pens and pencils that fell from my half-open hotdog pouch, my eyes glance a few feet in front of me. My green notebook with all my little doodles lays there, nonchalantly. My hand reaches for it. Before I can even touch the metal spiral, someone kicks the notebook from my grip. My frown only deepens.

     "Oh, (Y/N)! I'm sorry. Here! Let me help—" I leave Bane behind me and walk to my private doodle book.

     I groan when people step on the front cover and end up bending the corners a bit. My scowl darkens into a snarl at their inconsideration. I shove my way through the ridiculous crowd. Bending down to snatch my book from the floor before it gets trampled more, my hand is suddenly encompassed by another. I furrow my brows in confusion at the sudden hand-to-hand touch. I look up and see those chilling blue eyes stare right into mine. A shiver causes me to remove my hand so sudden from his. When I retract my fingers from his, I realize what I'm doing and reach for my notebook again, avoiding his touch.

     As I go to yank my journal away, King Ahnke rips it from my grasp. He snickers, "And who might this belong to?" His brown eyes brighten with mischief as he begins to flip through the pages.