Ch. 1 | Part i

So today/tonight, we'll be meeting five amazing creatures. Hope you enjoy!

draft: 1

     CURSED BY LOVE: At first glance, by chance..

     The rain pounds on the windows as the wind blows the leaves from the trees. Everyone was to be huddled down and hiding within their arms. The class field trip to the National Museum was nice.. up until some transfer from Egypt decided to bring the Egyptian memorabilia to life. It wasn't clear until one of the vampires decided to knock on one of the statutes, thus causing the jackle-headed mannequin to roar in anger.

     I had been admiring the beautiful gems embedded into a necklace of gold on the far left of the room. There's a gorgeous tomb decorated in ancient Egyptian, painted flowers, decades old of dried blood, and fascinating jewels. The rubies and sapphires decorated the ancient chain locked away in a case. A huge emerald lays at the end in the center, dangling elegantly. My eyes had darted from the hypnotic jewels and found the monster stomping after the two troublemaking vampires. The wind blows crazy at the windows and sudden lightning strikes from outside.

     A gasp comes from my mouth as I find the transfer walking slightly towards the vampires. His hand follows the jackle statute as the thing terrorizes the entire class. The huge mannequin continues his path, growling and baring his teeth in anger at the two blood suckers. Everyone else screamed in terror before running from the creature.

     One of our history teachers, Dr. Phlem, jumps in front of the angered adult. "King Ahnke! Please resort to raising the dead at a more appropriate place and time." He reasons with a scowl.

     King Ahnke turns his attention to our teacher, glaring. "You dare intermingle with a king's decision? I can have your head for this!" The ancient king gnarled in anger.

     I spot the Egyptian robes and the golden bracelets hanging on his arms securely. The king's hair is styled on top his head with a clean cut. I notice the black eyeliner drawn over his eyelids, very thick I might add, and the golden necklaces laced across his chest. He was confident, and very protective of his culture, that was for sure.

     Erica, one of the student council members, steps forwards with her hand outcasted. "King Ahnke," she calls his attention hesitantly, "please release the tortured spirit, and we can discuss the matter calmly."

     The king laughs, his shoulders shaking the golden attire he chooses to wear. I spot a cocky smirk upon his lips as he eyes her figure. "Oh, I will; once you agree to a night of sinful pleasure, my dear sorceress," King Ahnke winks with a rich, seductive accent.

     I scoff before returning to the beautiful necklace. I squat down to the emerald's height, admiring the craftsmanship. Whoever had made the jewelry cared very much so for the one who would wear such a riveting masterpiece. There was an inscription, but I couldn't understand it because of the foreign language.

     The matching rings were completely decked out. On the left side there was a plethora of rings ranging from thick and thin bands and jewels. I marvel at the gems shimmering from the sunlight as I ignore the curses being thrown around before it's completely silent. The other piece of fine jewelry was a hand piece with five golden rings scattered with several colorful gems. They're connected by thin golden chains that wrap into a bracelet at the wrist.

     Lingering a little longer than necessary, a fellow student bumps into me. It causes me to snap my head up and find the museum becoming empty. I rush to follow my history class before they leave me here for good. Just as I spot the group, there was something glimmering on the floor. Quickly, I snatched it up and moved to the bus. It was a thick golden ring with a large gem in the middle.