Chapter 12: The Wait

Astrid's point of view

"Your majesty it's time to wake up!" I heard Stormfly yell. I turn my head to the side, not wanting to stand yet, and saw Yophile still fast asleep. I smille and I try to stand wake her up but, I suddenly felt movement of something holding me back. I look to the other side and see Hiccup's arms fastened to me waist. 'He must've felt my presents, and by instinct hug me...'

my vision blurred as I watch him unconscious but still being the dork he always was. I'm afraid that he would leave me with the best last memory of him as possible.

I hold back the tears, and slowly remove his arms from me and walk up to Yophile. "It's time to wake up Phile..." I say as I shake her slightly. She starts to stir up, and she finally wakes up. "<yawn> aww good morning your highness.... how was your sleep?" She said all groggily. <giggle> "my sleep was fine how bout you ?" I ask. "Why it was a better sleep than I had for yearsss..." "well I want you to meet the rest of the dragons... is that okay?" "Yes of courseI would love to meet new peop- er ah dragonssz"

I lead her outside with me. "Morning Astrid! Oh you found a new friend??" Stormfly ask. "Yeah, everyone this is Yophile treat her well!" I tell them. "What will we do today your majesty?" A Monstrous Nightmare asks. "Well first of introductions, I don't know any of your names but you all know mine and your prince's  it would only be fair if we know your names as-well. Next we would build a houses for us to live in. It wouldn't be nice to live in a great island if we don't even have a home, would it? We would be doing this for the week or two. Until your prince wakes up we would be doing introductions. Is that fine?" I announced. They all look at each other and agree.

We've been doing introductions for two days now and now we're preparing wood for the houses. Well I'm not actually doing this but I'm pregnant for goodness sake, everyone here would kill me if I do anything. It was lunch hour everyone was just eating, I decided to quietly go back to the small cave. I arrived their to see Hiccup moving around more than usual "he waking up.." I say, silently I walk towards him and sat down beside him. His eyes started to flicker. "Hiccup?... Hiccup?" I questioned his name.

<groan> "ugh Astrid...?" He asked. I went up and hugged him. "Oh by Thor your awake! I thought you'd never wake up." I yell. He hugs back. "It's good to see you to Astra... but" I look at him in a questioning manner. "But what?" I ask. "Where are we?" Oops I forgot he doesn't know this place. "Well while you were unconscious we flew to a remote island where I guess we could live? I got the others to start making wood for the houses and-"

"Ast! Ast! You won't believe what Hook- I can come back later...?" Yophile interrupted me. "Is that a Ghostglow Astrid?" I heard Hiccup question me. "Yes and her name's Yophile" "well then." He said as he moves to the edge of the bed. "Nice to meet you Yophile, I'm Hiccup." "Oo you must be Ast's boyfriend that's shes always so frantic about?!" Hiccup gives me a look and smirks. "Oh don't worry Yophile, since Astrid's pregnancy her emotions got the best of her. I just hope no one enraged her while I was out?" He jokes.

"Oh well... maybe twotofivedragonsenradgehe and shechasedthemaroundtheislandwithher'royal'form yeah." I see Hiccup look at me with an eyebrow raised and then bursts out laughing. I felt my cheeks turn into a bright shade of crimson. "Ah that's Astrid alright. Well let's go, I for one would like to see everyon-" "Wait Hicc-" too late. <groan> "heh... I guess I need to learn how to walk first?" He said.

Hiccup's point of view

I wake up in a white room. Quite strange and I wonder what in Helim am I doing here. I start walking around but I felt my left leg send me a huge amount of pain. I look at it and see my left leg has been replaced with a metal leg.

'Must have lost it during the battle, I wonder what happened to my leg in my dragon form?' I shift to my dragon form for a few minutes and see that my left leg seem to have a scar. 'Cool... not really but yeah' I change back and I start to roam around this crazy place.

"Doesn't this place have and end?!" I yell. "I've been walking for twenty minutes now!!! I think..." I mumble out the last part. "You know what I'm sitting down! I don't know what the heck is going on but I'm resting!"

After about an hour or two I think I was going crazy ! I kept hearing my name being called! All of a sudden my eyes started to feel heavy and they shut only to open to see the who's been calling me.

"Ugh... Astrid?"