Chapter 14:Eventful

~Back at Berk~

Stoic's point of view

"Stoic its time..." I look up from the blazing fire to Gobber, my greatest friend. "I see... I lost both of them... and I couldn't even fulfill Vangar's death wish." <sigh> "lets get this over with.."

At the docks two boats float, they're traditionally the best burial honor to the dead. Now we'll have them for Hiccup and Astrid's death. As I am his father and last possible person who cares about Astrid, I say the words.

"May the valkyries welcome you and lead you through odin's battlefields.

May they sing your names with love and fury so that we might hear it rise from the depths of Valhalla."

We raise our bows and shoot the boats, flaming up as the next and next arrows fly.

"There do I see my father, my mother, my brothers and my sisters.

They do bid me take among them in the halls of Valhalla.

And know that you've take your rightful places at the table of kings and queens.

Where the brave shall live....

Forever."

We all stand there watching the boats float away.  I felt a hand on my shoulder, turn to see Finn Hofferson. He nods signaling me to speak. I sigh and step up.

"I know that they will be watching us with the rest of our ancestors. But I hope their happy, together, with Hiccup's and Astrid's Mothers and Astrid's father. I just wished I had fulfilled the last wish of Vangar before his passing, to have them marry..." the crowd silently look to me and then Finn, he just stared at me in shock.

"I know none know about this arrangement... it was made in secret when both was four. Both parties agreed, hoping that they would be the best of friends and maybe grow into something more. But I fail in keeping them together, they grew apart on their own, with Finn's help they stopped talking or even seeing each other. I just hope my hunch in the weeks they've been in dragon train, they were friends. Not as enemies..." I end my speech with a heavy heart, leaving the crowd to morn over my dead son and my dead friends' dead daughter.

~great hall/ mead hall~

Teen's point of view

Snoutlout: I can't believe it! Their actually gone!

Tuffnut: go figure, the dragons might went revenge on the best!

Fishlegs : I'm surprise that didn't sound like normal speech but you actually have a point Tuff... but just like the Chief said they were the closest friends and even from childhood they could tell that they love each other!

Snoutlout: we didn't even know what love is! But I guess she doesn't care! Ruffnut's not sad she's not even crying or saying anything!

All three boys look at the last girl in the group. She looks up with no expression on her face.

Ruffnut: I-I... have nothing to say...

Tuffnut: Sister nut!? Astrid was your best friend! How could you not feel anything right now.

Snoutlout: he's right! Why aren't you sa-

Ruffnut: BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING!They- ey they stayed friends all through out those painful year of her uncle's disciplinary conduct! Hiccup helped her cope, they became even closer WHEN TRAINING HAPPENED ! They might even be dating... but now their gone FOR THOR'S SAKE WHY WONT ANYONE WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER!!

Yelling loud enough for everyone in the hall to hear. Then bursting into tears on her brother's shoulder. They just stared at the broken nut sisters.

Ruffnut's point of view

I actually cannot believe these IDIOTS! Their just mindlessly talking about Astrid and Hiccup! They bullied him ever since Astrid 'abandons' him! I know about everything they went through! She told me that they'd stay friends but they'd keep it a secret from everyone! I knew she had troubles with her uncle but she didn't want to bother Hiccup on, her words not mine, insignificant family member.

I wonder why she didn't want to bother him about something best friends share, well she did tell me! I just found out when she told me a few days before her death... They wanted to start dating a week before the end of training! And now they never confirmed it and now their gone! I can't! I just can't keep this anymore!

"we didn't even know what love is! But I guess she doesn't care! Ruffnut's not sad she's not even crying or saying anything!" Snoutlout says, with that I see the three boys staring at my reply.  "I-I... have nothing to say..." I mustered up from my messed up brain. "Sister nut? Astrid was your best friend! How could you not feel anything right now." My apparently dumb brother tells me confidently.

And Snoutlout just angered me with what he says next I just interjected! "he's right! Why aren't you sa-" "BECAUSE I KNOW EVERYTHING!They- ey they stayed friends all through out those painful year of her uncle's disciplinary conduct! Hiccup helped her cope, they became even closer WHEN TRAINING HAPPENED ! They might even be dating... but now their gone FOR THOR'S SAKE WHY WONT ANYONE WANT THEM TO BE TOGETHER!!"

I just couldn't take this anymore I went and cry on my twin's shoulder. They were the best people in berk! They taught me some tricks in dragon training, vikings just take for their own not for others. All I wish is to see them again!

[AN]
Mind my work with the twins words. I just thought they'd talk like idiots since their well nuts! But I wanted to make Ruff more mature in the way I think she acts in the movies. I actually had to watch the three movies again just to watch the characters' development. I feel like my eyes are going to pop out of my eye sockets by now.